Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav

Hi hope some one can help, just got myself an Avensis(far nicer than my poor old 306) with sat nav which is a new toy for me to play with so i use it even to get me to work.

The problem is it takes me the long way round :( is it because it'll do the sortest route on 'B' roads as possible or have I missed a setting somewhere. I've tried altering the speeds for the various roads and tried the fastest and shortest routes but still it takes me the long way round out of my village

hope that makes scense :help:

Hi hope some one can help, just got myself an Avensis(far nicer than my poor old 306) with sat nav which is a new toy for me to play with so i use it even to get me to work.

The problem is it takes me the long way round :( is it because it'll do the sortest route on 'B' roads as possible or have I missed a setting somewhere. I've tried altering the speeds for the various roads and tried the fastest and shortest routes but still it takes me the long way round out of my village

hope that makes scense :help:

Yes. I have found odd things too.

Mine's a 2000X without traffic avoidance.

Following the same route daily:

Sometimes takes me along the correct route. Other days will tell me to turn left and do a bizarre manoeuvre of lefts and rights (did out of interest), adding an extra mile, and putting me back on the original route after adding a mile to the journey. Very odd.

I usually set for "Fastest route" & "Avoid Toll roads & motorways". Usually sorts out the discrepancies.

Mine gives odd routes sometine too! For example, yesterday (on fastest setting) it gave me a route and told me estimated time was 1 hr 45 mins. I then chnaged the setting to shortest route and it gave me a route which was shorter BUT estimated time was 1 hr 30 mins.

Anyone got any ideas as too how it decides on a route?

While posting, does anyone have details as too whom we can report mapping errors to? It does annoy me that every morning I come to a roundabout and I am told to take 5th exit - the "5th exit" was closed five years ago!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links