Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Blue - Best Deals

deagle

Hi, I am going to buy a C1/107/Aygo and like to colour of the Aygo Blue - with the a/c and the alloys too :P

These are listing as from Mr T RRP @£8245 ... but tophat car brokers have them at £7709.

What are my chances of getting my local dealer to match.... and has anyone seen or been quoted cheaper ?

Thanks

Deag.

Our local dealer offered a £250 discount on a '+', which was very reluctantly upped to £300 after half an hour of messing around. They wouldn't entertain matching an internet brokers price so we walked.

If it was for this month, I'd offer about the same on a Blue to be honest, but wouldn't have a problem delivering anywhere in the Midlands.

I do have a New AYGO + 3dr 1.0 with AC in Silver available this month which I can do a better deal on, maybe sort out a set of alloys?

Some brokers are good, but remember that if they are offering anything over 10% discout off rrp then they are sourcing the vehicles through an illegal channel. This wont effect you if you buy one and it will probably be a UK car; they are the only ones that will get into trouble. But would you want to buy a car off a company that is prepared to opperate outside the law.

• 2 weeks later...

I got £700 knocked off the list price of an Aygo+ with metallic paint from my local dealership plus a tank of petrol. Is that good or could I of haggled some more off???

I've just got £500 off a blue ,was more or less called a liar by one dealer when I quoted the Drivethedeal price.

Car salesmen r rubbish, do they honestly think we believe a word they say. The guy sellin me mine said he was makin a loss knockin that much off.... hmm.... :unsure:

Depending on which model AYGO + you have gone for, a £700 discount will very nearly put the dealer into a loss on the deal. At best, he will make less than £100 before he pays the salesman any commission!

There are some v.cheap AYGO+ in the network at the moment though. TGB gave us extra marketing budget if the cars were registered before the end of May. By offsetting the marketing support against the loss on the sale, we can make a net profit and the customer gets a great deal on an AYGO (all be it a pre-registered vehicle).

If anyone else is looking for a deal on an AYGO (+ or other model), give me a call: 01522 522097. If you want it this month, I'm very keen!!

James

An Aygo+ 3 dr, MMT with metallic paint... So was he really not lying?? I tend to think all carsalesmen r full of sh*t to be honest but maybe ur all not that bad afterall... :thumbsup:

An Aygo+ 3 dr, MMT with metallic paint... So was he really not lying?? I tend to think all carsalesmen r full of sh*t to be honest but maybe ur all not that bad afterall... :thumbsup:

Lisa I used to work for James above at Listers in Lincoln. It is a top place and a very professional company. I must say in my time there i didn't tell any lies and nor do any of the salesman. The profit margin in the Aygo is very small and people find that hard to believe. The general rule of thumb is the more expensive the car the more profit in the vehicle - but that is a very loose description!

Cheers Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I placed an order for an Aygo Blue with the extra protected pack - list around £8,580. A couple of online agencies (4car and yourgreencar) quoted around £7900 once their fees had been included. I managed to convince my local dealer down to a nice round £8000, which we shook on. Get delivery date tomorrow... :thumbsup:

Mr T RRP @£8245

HOW MUCH!? :blink:

My brand new Aygo Black only set me back £7700 and that was with Aircon thrown in too!

What does the Aygo blue have that makes it so expensive?

All i can see it the blue paint, the blue dash bits and the glove box door thing. They dont have alloys either do they?

:wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

I realise I might be adding to this discussion somewhat late, but nevertheless:

I managed to pick up a new 3DR Aygo Blue for £7200, which I was pretty happy with. The dealership were supurb I said that I found it for £7200 online (well 7,300 was the cheapest but never mind) and they said ok. I think the main reasons were:

1. It's on an 07 plate which is due to change soon.

2. They needed to fill a sales quota of some sort.

Before I put down the deposit I mentioned that I wanted a full tank of fuel to which they said "errrrr ok". I pick it up next Saturday 28th July (my 21st birthday).

Mr T RRP @£8245

HOW MUCH!? :blink:

My brand new Aygo Black only set me back £7700 and that was with Aircon thrown in too!

What does the Aygo blue have that makes it so expensive?

All i can see it the blue paint, the blue dash bits and the glove box door thing. They dont have alloys either do they?

:wacko:

My daughter has just bought an Aygo Black 4 Door with air-con.... she paid £7495 :D

I have know the salesman for 5 years so thankfully he gives me a high discount :thumbsup: