Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turboing A 1994 Toyota Paseo

JaMeSsS

depends how much boost you want to run. if you go too high then you'll need forged pistons.

also weigh up the cost to see if its cheaper to just install a turbo motor from another car eg starlet, mr2/celica :thumbsup:

by dropping in the 4E-FTE engine from the Starlet GT (straight swap too!) you'll get 135bhp before making any other mods – not bad eh?

fensport can get you a 4e-fte engine...

and if you become a goldmember on here. youll save loads ;)

where abouts are you, if the states there are a few places you can go.

nobody really makes a turbo bolt on for the paseo's 5e-fe. the 4e-fte is the easiest way to go, its a 1.3 T with 130bhp stock. & bolts right into the paseo.

part from that, theres the 4age family, 3sgte are the other options but they require a lot of custom work to fit.

as for the 4e. people have had 300bhp out of it so yeah - id say its worth it.

i personally am waiting to swap a 4agte 20v silver-top into my 92 Cynos. im also waiting on results of an experiment. theyre trying to get 600bhp out of it. :lol: B)

J

true, a few people in australia have got 300+ out of their starlets... using the bottom end of a paseo. theres one guy in cuba i think, who is running low 11s.....

but it would help if you put your location in your profile, makes things easier.

by dropping in the 4E-FTE engine from the Starlet GT (straight swap too!) you'll get 135bhp before making any other mods – not bad eh?

yeah if i was to do this what else will have to be done to adapt to the new engine ?

where abouts are you, if the states there are a few places you can go.

nobody really makes a turbo bolt on for the paseo's 5e-fe. the 4e-fte is the easiest way to go, its a 1.3 T with 130bhp stock. & bolts right into the paseo.

part from that, theres the 4age family, 3sgte are the other options but they require a lot of custom work to fit.

as for the 4e. people have had 300bhp out of it so yeah - id say its worth it.

i personally am waiting to swap a 4agte 20v silver-top into my 92 Cynos. im also waiting on results of an experiment. theyre trying to get 600bhp out of it. :lol: B)

J

im in australia...

i was really looking for a new engine to drop in rather then bolt on a turbo...

Just a few questions:

1. wats the difference between 5e-fe. and the 4e-fte ?

2. whats the best engine to drop in out of the ones you mentioned ?

3. wats the difference between 4age family and 3sgte?

4. is the 4agte 20v silver-top better then the ones you mentioned before and if so would it fit into a 94 paseo ?

5e-fe - 1.5 NA engine

4e-fte - 1.3 turbo engine

the 4e-fte for definate. cheap, easy to fit, and highly tunable. have a look about online. theres a HUGE starlet community there that will help you out.

cant really answer this, not to hot on celica stuff. but the 3s-gte is absolutly mad. but its hard work to fit in, a few starlets have done it.

again, dont know about that engine, but yes, its a bugger to fit in (its ma-hoosive)

the 4age engine is the 1.6 dohc engine that they used in the mk1 mr2s and corolla gtis, Toyota then supercharged it and later on developed the na version using vvti and 20 valves.

The best thing for you to do would be to go for the 4efte. Im guessing that in oz engines should be pretty available and there should be someone to do it for you.

Tom

true, a few people in australia have got 300+ out of their starlets... using the bottom end of a paseo. theres one guy in cuba i think, who is running low 11s.....

but it would help if you put your location in your profile, makes things easier.

ye i got my location in my profile

tomaddo ill probably just drop in the starlet engine and go from there but i was told to drop in a celica gt4 engine there 2 litre turbo or something not quite sure <_<

it depends what you want mate.

if you want a drivable fast car (with potention to go alot faster) then get a starly engine.

if you wanna develop a drag strip monster get the 2.0 lump.

depends how much you got to spend.

go and look on starletcentral.co.nz (i think, if not just search for the name) theres a few boys on there with big engines in their cars. costs alot of money.