Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newb Wanting A Yaris Sr

Chris Sr

Hi guys/gals

Im new to this site and toyotas in general so any help will be much appriciated.

Im looking for a yaris sr ive looked into them on the web etc ive looked in the site and found that there are no common faults at all is this true ?.

Its manily for my g/f to drive to work but they seem like a bit of fun so ill get insured on it :D

also is anybody on here selling one what price mileage etc.

cheers guys

Chris

The new SR has only been out a month, they come in the 1.8, 1.3 petrols and the 1.4 Diesel.

You need to decide which engine to get, the 1.8 is slightly quicker than the 1.4 diesel, but the diesel is quicker than the 1.3.

There aren't any major faults with them, there are rattles, and the rear view mirror vibrate on the Diesels, but all in all they are pretty reliable.

The new SR has only been out a month, they come in the 1.8, 1.3 petrols and the 1.4 Diesel.

You need to decide which engine to get, the 1.8 is slightly quicker than the 1.4 diesel, but the diesel is quicker than the 1.3.

There aren't any major faults with them, there are rattles, and the rear view mirror vibrate on the Diesels, but all in all they are pretty reliable.

What about the mk1/phase 1 model sr's are they just as good i like the new shape sr and the old shape sr but whats the best i know the new ones quicker but im not fussed about performance.

thanks in advance

Chris

People on here say that the 1.5 P1 is better than the new 1.8. The SR is the new T-Sport (we think, unless Mr T has a trick up their sleeves!).

I had a 1.0l Yaris for 5 years and all that went wrong was the dipstick snapped, and the Air Con compressor packed up.... my new one I've had a rattle, and the wipers weren't quite aligned properly!

there are no real faults with the mk1 or mk2 yaris so you have faith that if anything did go wrong, its likely to be very minor. the mk2 is a bit bigger, couple more features etc (the usual), the older one is just as good and is a little faster.

i dont know what bhp the mk2 SR is but as its heavier it should have more power, if not, it will be sluggish and therefore return less MPG. something to keep in mind