Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats The Quickest (standard) Corolla?

The Tvis Kid

Well i have a Ae92 with the hi-torque engine. I haven't tested it but i guess it does sixty in around 8 secs and would top about about 120mph (again untested) which got me wondering what other corollas both old and new do as a 0-60 and top end.

I've got a Japanese Import 1992 Corolla Levin GT-Apex and i'd guess 0-60 would be about 7.5 seconds. It has a speed limiter fitted which I think cuts in at 115mph. It hits the speed limiter in 4th gear (at over 8,000rpm mind!)

I have the AE111 hatchback 1999, when mine was standard it would do 0-60 in around 9 - 10 seconds, and top speed of 121 mph that was tested. (did have the wind behind me tho :lol: )

i got 115mph on a duel carrageway going down hill i might add in my 1.3 corolla g6. I was chuffed! :yahoo:

Well i've got a standard 1.6 16v 1992 Corolla (4-AF engine) done 1/4 mile in 17.4s :toast: hehe

I've gone off the speedo with over 126mph (down very steep hill haha). Don't know bout 0-60mph guess around 10.5secs from my santa pod slip.

121 mph with my 94 corolla 1.3

0-60 about 15 seconds

Your speedo must over-read loads

0-60 in 7.2 and top speed of 124 @ 8200 on a rolling road. 1991 AE92 Gti.

What mods are you running for those times? I think the worst problem with the car is grip off the line (although my old car was an aw11 so its abit of an unfair comparison).

my mate has a Corolla ae92 GTi and his car is really fast, dont know the 0-60 times but he has got 140mph top speed on his car, (i know its a old car and the speedo wont be accurate but thats what it was showing).

His mods are only mongoose exhaust and a cold air intake from front bumper into standard box...

0-60 about 15 seconds

nope is pretty accurate, got the speeding ticket to prove it

0-60 about 15 seconds

dude, with that speed its an instant ban!! :ffs:

i have a 01 1.6 sr 6 speed. got 130 dont know what 0-60 time is tho :thumbsup:

0-60 about 15 seconds

dude, with that speed its an instant ban!! :ffs:

nah came off dual carridgeway at 60, was slowing down to what i thought was a 40, still doing 45 cause i had a white van man up my **** and i got flashed at 45, i saw the copper looked down and was reading 45

Couple of lads at work reported a top speed of 147 from standard T Sports, Both lease cars so well "enjoyed".

My wifes 1.4 goes faster round corners though! :D :yahoo:

Can a moderator please tell me why this post has been removed once?

nah came off dual carridgeway at 60, was slowing down to what i thought was a 40, still doing 45 cause i had a white van man up my **** and i got flashed at 45, i saw the copper looked down and was reading 45

Most speedo's are accurate at 45, but they over read at higher speeds.

Most speedo's are accurate at 45, but they over read at higher speeds.

Most are not even accurate at 45. I have a roadangel (gps speed) and at anything above 30 it is at least 3mph out. By the time i'm at 80 on the speedo it i around 5mph out.

my corolla gt (ae82) did a 15.4 second 1/4 mile last year at santapod, which was with it standard apart from pipe and filter. not bad for a 18 year old with 100k on the clock, and cheap tyres.

I had GPS on mine and it proves how far out toyota's clocks are. My speed limiter kicks in at 110mph. When I was doing about 80mph my speedo was over reading by about 15kmph. Thats crap. I wonder if the rev counters are just as bad?

I would never use GPS to try and measure spead accurately.

My Tom Tom tells me I am doing 62 on the motorway when I am doing an indicated 70. Tried and tested in 4 different cars of different ages from an 85 AW11 to a 98 V6 Galant to an 06 plate Scenic... :wacko:

Also try telling a court you wre relying on a piece of electronic gagetry that uses satellites to give you your speedo reeding. Will go down very well me thinks... :rolleyes:

As far as i'm aware, the GPS is accurate. I had 2 GPS devices and they both read within 1mph of each other. Car speedo's are notorious for over reading. Reason being, if they under read and you got caught speeding, you could sue them. I was just shocked at how much my Levin over reads at relitively slow speeds.

0-60 in 7.6 secs, top speed of 140mph (on a rolling road, wink wink) high torque standard gti.

I was just shocked at how much my Levin over reads at relitively slow speeds.

You also have after market alloy's which I assume are larger than standard. How accurate is the rolling radius to stock values? This can make a fair bit of difference too.

Each to their own, But I wouldn't trust my GPS for accurate speed reading :thumbsup:

0-60 in 7.6 secs, top speed of 140mph (on a rolling road, wink wink) high torque standard gti.

I think 140mph might be a bit optomistic, or your speedo is vastly over reading. I had an aw11 and the top speed on that was 122mph in forth as stated in the handbook. I know that the mr2 has the t-vis variation of the 4age engine so is down by 6bhp but i cannot imagine this is enough for another 18mph. The mr2 was't exactly areodynamic but compared to the brick shaped corolla it is must have cut through the air like an arrow. I can possibly see the 0-60 with a perfect launch but i would add another second for most standard cars.