Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rally Rep

mattwho

so looking into making a rally rep of the corolla rally car

Corolla_WRC_1.jpg

whats the year of the car i have to buy as a base is it a 97 or 98

allso whats the body kit called?

i know im only going fwd and that would mean an engine transplant but what will fit that has some grunt?

allways wanted a rally rep and the corolla is my fave one

other then the 6r4 and the rs200 lol :thumbsup:

so looking into making a rally rep of the corolla rally car

Corolla_WRC_1.jpg

whats the year of the car i have to buy as a base is it a 97 or 98

allso whats the body kit called?

i know im only going fwd and that would mean an engine transplant but what will fit that has some grunt?

allways wanted a rally rep and the corolla is my fave one

other then the 6r4 and the rs200 lol :thumbsup:

The base car you want is a 3dr toyota corolla hatchback from 97-99 not the facelifted ones from 00> as they like different (funnily enough!).

you can buy one of the actual rally cars, i've seen a second hand one in finland (but you need the extra 1,800,000 euros!) however, if you want to make your own rally replica you can get the rally replica kit from ireland:

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/helmet/84/id44.htm

and you could then go for a 3S-GTE engine conversion (2 litre turbo) that would give it lots of grunt. Or if you wanted a simpler engine conversion (as lots of the 3S-GTE conversion needs custom parts) you could get a 20V 4A-GE (1.6) or a 4A-GZE (1.6 supercharged).

There was a guy on here called Corolla-98 who had done exactly what you want to do. His car had the supercharged 4A-GZE engine. His car details can be found here He sold it last year and hasn't been on the forums since then.

Another member sparco-blues did something similar but without the engine conversion - details here but that one was sold last year too.

Mine has the TTE WRC body kit and the 4A-GZE engine conversion but no graphics.

If you're going rally style you want the stickers too i guess?

Little story follows:

A guy from the danish "Toyota Club Denmark" wanted the Carlos Sainz decals for his Celica Carlos Sainz edition.

I searched the internet for several hours but came up with absolutely nothing!

I wouldn't give up though :P

I went to Castrols danish site and found a contact-form and submitted a ticket.

Around three weeks went by and i had forgotten everything about the decals.

So a mail hit my mailbox. I didn't know the sender so i was about to delete the mail thinking it was spammail...

Anyway i had this feeling you know, i read the mail and what the hell...

My ticket sent to Castrol had a result! My mail had been sent to a bunch of people across different countries, companies and all that, I had a reply!

A reply containing the ORIGINAL DRAWINGS of the Carlos Sainz decals!

Needless to say, i was shocked and amazed!

So bottomline, if you want the decals for the E11 Rally car, try ask Castrol and see if they are willing to help!

Oh and btw, i didn't pay anything and i do not work for Castrol nor have any golden contacts. They did it solely to be nice ;)

So if you want the decals, try contact Castrol - they might be able and willing to help you out ;)

Good luck with your project!

And another thing. I'm quite sure they used the 3S-GTE engine in rally but if you're going for loads of horsepower but are not willing to pay half your body plus your family, stick with the 4AGE silvertop and add a turbocharger ;)

A danish guys Starlet puts out 465hp from a turbocharged Silvertop ;) All in all a project which cost him around 50.000£, including the car!

I can help you out with the graphics? can do a full WRC 'spanish stage' kit for £220 including fitting...

Corolla_14.jpg

Corolla_12.jpg

Corolla_15.jpg

Corolla_04.jpg

(This was my old Corolla, if you need any help give me a shout)

Also give this guy a look, some very good sticker kits have come through him :thumbsup:

fullbody1.jpg

:drool::drool::drool: