Do Not Sell My Personal Information

De-cat Pipe

natt

Hello all, had the 'rolla in for its m.o.t the other day, failed as suspected but mostly small things as the tester dude was a picky bugger. biggest job is as bit o welding needing done on the o/s sill by the rear wheel. Any way i was thinking that if it went through its mot, maybe fit a de-cat pipe to see if i can get a little more grunt. I know this quiestion has probably bin asked loads of times but i cant seem to find anything relating to my car when i do a search. Has anybody any experience fitting a de-cat to the 4A-FE enigne. IE is it worth it in terms of gains vs cost? Ive had a look on the net for a pipe for my car but so far havnt turned anything up, anybody know who does them or is it a custom build jobbie? Thanks for any input :thumbsup:

Hi natt are you on the Hampshire Jap Car Club by any chance?

ANYWAYS... about fitting a de-cat pipe, you might see a small gain in power, however when i fitted my decat on my old corolla it didnt really seem to make a huge amount of difference, somewhere like powerflow would do a custom decat pipe for around £60-80 so for the money/gain I would say its not worth it, if I had seen this post sooner I could have sorted you with a decat pipe as i had 2 but ive just sold them off to another corolla owner on the hampshire jap car club...

Hi natt are you on the Hampshire Jap Car Club by any chance?

ANYWAYS... about fitting a de-cat pipe, you might see a small gain in power, however when i fitted my decat on my old corolla it didnt really seem to make a huge amount of difference, somewhere like powerflow would do a custom decat pipe for around £60-80 so for the money/gain I would say its not worth it, if I had seen this post sooner I could have sorted you with a decat pipe as i had 2 but ive just sold them off to another corolla owner on the hampshire jap car club...

speak of the devil and he shall appear, i still have both the De-Cat pipes sparco_blues sold me if your interested? Ihave one for the 4E-FE engine and the afore mentioned Custom De-Cat pipe. There is not that great a difference between the two and both will fit the 4A and 4E engines as the exhaust. Neither of which i've fitted yet as my car has also failed its MoT :crybaby: so i'm taking this oppurtuity to put a larger engine in (the 7A-FE). so if you would like a De-Cat pipe i have one spare...

are you on the Hampshire Jap Car Club by any chance
?

yes i am mate, small world eh? ha. although i havnt posted on there in a while.

speak of the devil and he shall appear, i still have both the De-Cat pipes sparco_blues sold me if your interested? Ihave one for the 4E-FE engine and the afore mentioned Custom De-Cat pipe. There is not that great a difference between the two and both will fit the 4A and 4E engines as the exhaust. Neither of which i've fitted yet as my car has also failed its MoT so i'm taking this oppurtuity to put a larger engine in (the 7A-FE). so if you would like a De-Cat pipe i have one spare...

Alrite mate, how are ya? yes if you have a spare one mate i'll have it off you. how much you looking for? ive just had my 'rolla mot'd so can fit it asap. did ur's fail on much? i needed a bit o weldin on the o/s rear sill, new tyre an a couple of bulbs. not bad for an old M reg eh? ha. if you wana pm me mate we can arange pick up. im in gosport so pretty local to you. :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

hey mate... ive got a corolla gli 1992. :D

jus passed its mot with flying colours so i decided to get a full through exhaust including taking off the cat... now its so loud that everyone stares at me :o and its always rasping n gargling... a bit 2 loud if ya ask me...but i have seen a small increase in power, it seems to rev up quicker now... i say go for it if ya want it 2 b deafeningly loud lol.. B) .mines no decat pipe jus used an old piece of exhaust does same job :thumbsup: