Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Pressures

holly7

Hi All

I have recently fitted new 17" alloys to my Gen 7 Celica, (originals suffered from usual paint peeling) but i'm not sure what the pressures should be. Tyres are 215 40 17

Thanks B)

Around 32-34psi should be fine :thumbsup:

Around 32-34psi should be fine :thumbsup:

Thanks, I was running at 30psi so I'll put abit more in :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Should you add more pressure with a full load?

Ive got a Gen 6 but same size alloys.

How did you find out what the pressure should be?

cheers

Well that depends on what you mean by a full load! If you're going to be shoving a tonne of lead in your boot then I would say a little higher pressure, but normal loads, i.e people I would say that normal pressures will be fine!!

You should see a sticker when you open your door which will tell you but as Jones said 32-34 is right. I run mine at 33 :P

Thanks.

So, just to clarify, are the pressures unique to the size of the tyre, or should they be the same as the what is recommended in the book by the manufactureres (even though their pressure rating are for smaller rimmed tyres)?

I would always go with the manufacturer's recommendation for the car regardless of the tyre size under normal/full loading. If it is a heavy full load, i.e 4 rather large people then I would go 35ish for a long journey. Towing caravans and the like is a different matter but I am sure that not many of us bought our celicas to do that!!!!