Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Gti Anyone?

Momin

Hey,

Iv been wanting a Corolla GTI for a while now and although i like the car there seems to be a lack of aftermarket parts and no decent forums for it (Apart from those *****ty Au and US ones).

Just wondering, is anyone into Corolla GTI's? Or does anyone know of a decent forum Or have some pics of Modded Corolla GTI's?

The lack of parts and no forums etc makes me want to forget getting this and buy a EG/EK Civic lol.

Cheers

Momin

The corolla gti is a lovely standard car. There is alot of aftermarket parts as there is alot for the 80's model Gt Coupe, and as this uses the same engine most of those parts can be used. You can get ICE anywhere, most 4 stud wheels will do and most tuning shops should be able to get brake and suspension upgrades.

I have 2 corolla gti's!!! i love them!

There isn't many forums that just focus on gtis but www.club4ag.com is good.

There are loads of aftermarket parts for the gti!!!!

www.fensport.co.uk--------for Brakes, ENGINE etc

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com-------- FOR BODY KITS ETC

Its good to know there are other people who like the Corolla GTI's.

What iv got planned is,

Full rebuild

Respray in black (Every single bit will be sprayed)

4AGE Rebuild + Ported head

OZ Superlegger alloys (16")

Laguna Front Splitter

Mongoose exhaust/Some Cutom exhaust (Simmular to Nads Corolla)

And am not to sure on the rear lights but i hate to say it i might get Lexus lights.

careful with the lexus lights, i had em on and they leaked worse than the std ones.

there are a lot of parts availiable in south africa www.autostyle.co.za (think thats the addy)

as for performance parts there a quite a few for the 4A-GE and then theres engine swaps like the 4A-GZE and 3S-GTE.

careful with the lexus lights, i had em on and they leaked worse than the std ones.

there are a lot of parts availiable in south africa www.autostyle.co.za (think thats the addy)

as for performance parts there a quite a few for the 4A-GE and then theres engine swaps like the 4A-GZE and 3S-GTE.

Cheers mate, Will give that site a look around.

Am gonna purchase a Corolla GTI (1990) Non TVIS Model and the Bottom end is knocking (£200). Am Gonna get another 4AGE For it, that would be around £200. What am also gonna do is Rebuild the whole car and respray it. Its Currently got a Induction kit and is lowered by 40MM.

So what Mods would you Reccomend for a GTI? Iv got around £400 to spend (Yours is stunning btw).

(Also, Are you registered on the Maxbashing RC forum, Im sure iv seen your car there)

Yea the lights are bad for leakin!! look great tho.

How much u looking at spending for the respray??

Yea the lights are bad for leakin!! look great tho.

How much u looking at spending for the respray??

I know someone who owns a bodyshop that will do a FULL respray for £150 and hes got over 20 years experience.

i heard of cheap resprays but that is cheap!!!!

I got mine resprayed in gloss black for 900Euro which is cheap!!!

Well worth it for 150!!!!!

yep im registered on maxbashing and did post up pics.

make sure the induction kit is well sheilded from engine bay heat and i can defo reccomend the mongoose system. it gives a good increase in power and sounds the dogs at 8000rpm.

stay away from the superchips icon, they destroy topend power and only give a little to the midrange.

a full polybush kit for the suspension works wonders on the handling (about £280 for the full set and then a bit of time to fit) an uprated rear antiroll bar from whiteline as well will help stiffen the rear.

as for the engine side of things, your gonna be looking at cams to up the top end power but becareful you dont ruin mid range

yep im registered on maxbashing and did post up pics.

make sure the induction kit is well sheilded from engine bay heat and i can defo reccomend the mongoose system. it gives a good increase in power and sounds the dogs at 8000rpm.

stay away from the superchips icon, they destroy topend power and only give a little to the midrange.

a full polybush kit for the suspension works wonders on the handling (about £280 for the full set and then a bit of time to fit) an uprated rear antiroll bar from whiteline as well will help stiffen the rear.

as for the engine side of things, your gonna be looking at cams to up the top end power but becareful you dont ruin mid range

I knew id seen it somewere before.

Is there anything that will give me good low end grunt? Most of the parts iv seen tend to improve the top end Speed/RPM but am never gonna drive it over 80MPH lol.

Dawesy, if your interested iv got a Hong nor Race truggy set up for sale and many other RC parts (Cheap) to fund the corolla project)

Is there anything that will give me good low end grunt? Most of the parts iv seen tend to improve the top end Speed/RPM but am never gonna drive it over 80MPH lol.

Bump!

I've seen £150 resprays. You definately get what you pay for when it comes to bodyshops.

I've seen £150 resprays. You definately get what you pay for when it comes to bodyshops.

The guy spraying it has been spraying many cars we've owned for about 20 years!

Can anyone reccomend some good Springs/Coilovers. Am looking for a 40MM drop.

Also is there anything that will give me a Good low end punch?

i would look at 30mm drop as the maximum other wise the roll centre of the suspension goes pearshaped!

i have gmax springs on the rear with KOni adjustables all round and superflex bushes.

there is a coilover kit availiable for about £700 but its in the states

• 3 weeks later...

iv got a toyota corolla gti j reg with ftsh, white, 130k mileage

its jus getting a fully respray.

12 month tax, 4 month mot

totally standard