Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Permission To Use Logo's

Leeky

Hiya peeps,

As you may well know im in the process of getting my White WRC GT4 Covered in the 94 Castrol WRC Rally Artwork.

Thanks to everyone that has pointed me to companies that can do this for me, yet finding that on average it would be around £500. :o Youch

Now i decided to do this MYSELF. And no im not crazy, im deadly serious. So so that i've already started the work and am approx 30% through the process and i have to say i have impressed even myself. Anyway i wont say any more until it is finished and i have put the pictures on here so you can all judge my handywork for yourselves.

So to the question...........many have told me that i cant use the Castrol and Toyota Logos unless i ask for permission from the companys. Now its too late anyway because i have already started applying logos, but i wanted to find out if anyone knows anyone in the UK that has been told off for using logos?

I mean the way i see it is most moddified jap cars on the road have adopted the fast n furious logos down doors under wing mirrors approach and i doubt very much any of these have asked permission from the relevant companies. I mean you can go into Halfords now and buy pre-cut brand logos!

So i think that any rally art is simply a larger scale of what everyone else is doing?

Does anyone agree?

By the way i estimate that doing the work myself has worked out to only £40! :lol::thumbsup:

It's a grey area...

Legally, you should have permission to use any manufacturer logo for display.

e.g. any stickers sold in Halfords WILL have permission where required..

Where is it required, well, that is for any copyright logo/name/image...

Now its unlikely Toyota will take you to court for having their logo splashed down the side of your car, and the same for Castrol, unless of course, you intend to use the car for buisness promotion and/or advertising purposes...

IMHO you should be okay...

I've seen some companies deliberatly change the logos so they are not 100% and can therefor not be breaking copyright.

But as far as I'm concerned, if I've spend loads of money on suspension from a company, what's a logo on the side advertising.

I'll be very interested to see your car after .. I always wanted a full rally GT4, logos and all. Now there is one just down the road .. if you see my car parked next to ya, don't worry !!

That sounds great! can't wait to see it, I'm sure you won't get in any trouble for using the logos – who's gonna know you don't have permission? (except us :lol: )

it's not as if there's a close eye kept on this sort of thing anyway is it lol, your car is toyota... so surely they're not gonna have any gripes about that because u already have the toyota logo on ur car anyway

and im sure Castrol wouldn't be too upset either, at the end of the day more people are seeing their brand name on ur car!

I mean really, who's going to check that you have permission? lol :lol::lol: :D

go for it m8 i'm waiting anxiously for the result :)

realy if they did complain you could always send them a bill for advertising costs :lol:

cant wait to see it done have only seen one othe 205 with the wrc livery

Go for it mate. The world is a big old place. Cant see anyone from toyota wrc noticing that someone has got there rally decals on ah

jerry!!

Thanks guys,

It isnt finished yet but is looking V cool already.

When i get home from work i will take a pic for you all to look at how far i have got then pop it on here.

:thumbsup:

Thats great mate, perhaps then you could tell us all how you did it. I'd like a the dragon emblam across my windscreen (early celica badge). If you are that worried why dont you contact one of the companies i.e Castrol and say you would like to do it and see how they react????

Ta Da!

Here the the pictures i have promised. Please note that the car isnt finished, i hope to be 100% true to the real rally car when it is finished. I estimate 25% completed at present.

Enjoy!

no1.JPGno2.JPG

no3.JPGno4.JPG

no5.JPGno6.JPG

no7.JPGno8.JPG

no9.JPG

Thats great mate, perhaps then you could tell us all how you did it.

:lol: Funny you should ask that because i was going to say how i did it.

Most graphics companys use coloured adhesive plastics from art material suppliers.

I found my local Hobby Craft Store had this plastic in the exact colours needed to do this conversion.

So i bought around £40 worth of the stuff and i should be able to do the whole thing with this much.

I studied Art and Graphic Design at College so i used this knowledge to design and produce the transfers.

Already i have had people ask me where i got it done! Does anyone know anyone who wants to do this?

I have thought about using the template i have created on my car to produce a kit with all the correct pieces so they can fit them themselves.

What do you guys think? Is there a market for this stuff? I can make any design really with the correct colours :thumbsup:

Well you can come round mine and do some more if you are enjoying it that much ..

Tint my windows at the same time if you like ?

Would do, but as you can see im in the middle of something :lol:

It's okay .. I'm busy until the weekend :D

I'll happily swap cars with you for a week ..

Hi gt4_wrc

I can see that you have done this before mate. Look forward to seeing it completed m8 :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Oooo, looking great mate. Id like some work done, thats for sure :D how long has it taken you? like i said before, a nice big dragon :D

:lol: This lot has taken approx 2 days full on.

I havent done anything since monday.

Will start again on sat.

Cheers guys

by the way scot, if you can post the design on here i could see if i could do it for you. :thumbsup:

Ta Da!

Here the the pictures i have promised. Please note that the car isnt finished, i hope to be 100% true to the real rally car when it is finished. I estimate 25% completed at present.

Enjoy!

What do you guys think? Is there a market for this stuff? I can make any design really with the correct colours 

HI,

Looks very good in the pics can't wait to see the finished job. As to wether there is a market for it I would say definetly yes, loads of lads like graphics. Might pay to create a website with pics of your designs. Could make a few quid out of it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't think you'ld have problems using the logo on your own car but think the companies might have something to say if you started selling kits :D

Looks good though :D

GT4 Wrc i thought it would like like :censor: ! I contemplated making my white gt4 a Castrol beast a while ago but i thoiught NAH!!! BUT IT ACTUALLY LOOKS REALLY GOOD!!! I last read you were doing it and i thought oh god what a loser but it looks great!!! WELL done once you have done yours and Bibbs fly to Australia and start on mine!!! CHEERS Looks great!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

EDITED: Can we watch the language in the public forum please.

Might pay to create a website with pics of your designs.

I don't know what you're web design is like, what with your being a ex design student, but i do freelance web design, so can help with coding.

We'll agree a mutually beneficial arrangement :D (like doing my motor!)

There' a nice Black GT4 in Jap performance mag this month.

The chap has reversed the logos on one side of the car so they can only be read properly in a mirror. Looks strangely cool.......It's a trend in The east apparantely.