Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pics Of An Induction Kit Fitted To A Hi-torque Engine?

The Tvis Kid

I managed to pck up a K&N induction kit pretty cheap. I was going to fit it today but after reading the instructions (which are crap) i am abit unsure where all the plugs from the airbox should go. It says to attached the the blug plug (afm i think) to the bracket on the strut brace. The cables connected to the plug are no where near long enough and then it would not receive a reading? Also there was a black plug that came out of the rear of the airbox, but the instructions do not mention this. I have read a few comments that they are not worth fitting, but surely some people must have them fitted? Any advice with or pcs of what other people have done would be great.

I managed to pck up a K&N induction kit pretty cheap. I was going to fit it today but after reading the instructions (which are crap) i am abit unsure where all the plugs from the airbox should go. It says to attached the the blug plug (afm i think) to the bracket on the strut brace. The cables connected to the plug are no where near long enough and then it would not receive a reading? Also there was a black plug that came out of the rear of the airbox, but the instructions do not mention this. I have read a few comments that they are not worth fitting, but surely some people must have them fitted? Any advice with or pcs of what other people have done would be great.

shame you've managed to pick up the wrong 57i kit, there are two listed for corolla 88-91 one for small port and one or large port, but they dont specify that on most listings they are designated a different letter in the code.

Dont despair though you can make it work just fine.

The blue plug is a vacuum sensor attatched to the throttle inlet, as long as the small blak pipe is connected and no longer than it is now (thats quite important) it can be anywhere, Toyota (rather yamaha ;) )just hid it in the airbox because its ugly and it makes a sucking noise like a mcdonalds shake ?) plus it means the throttle body smaller and cheaper to manufature. It doesnt matter what temperature its sits in as it only measures vacuum, you can reduce the noise by covering it in airfilter foam ;)

The black sensor is your incoming airtemp sensor this needs to shoved into a hole in the base of the filter, make it a really tight fit and uses all your effort to push it in so it cant come out, but dont handle or bust the black rod, keep it as clean as can be.

then your done. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a while as funds have been tight so the "rolla" has had to wait for it's work to begin in earnest.

I have refurbed two of the wheels and would have fitted the other two last weekend with new tyres if the rad hadn't burst on Friday morning !!!!!!!

However, I'm itching to fit the induction kit that came free with the car this weekend, so need a bit of techie help. :wacko:

The blue plug is a vacuum sensor attatched to the throttle inlet, as long as the small blak pipe is connected and no longer than it is now (thats quite important) it can be anywhere, Toyota (rather yamaha ;) )just hid it in the airbox because its ugly and it makes a sucking noise like a mcdonalds shake ?) plus it means the throttle body smaller and cheaper to manufature. It doesnt matter what temperature its sits in as it only measures vacuum, you can reduce the noise by covering it in airfilter foam ;)

The black sensor is your incoming airtemp sensor this needs to shoved into a hole in the base of the filter, make it a really tight fit and uses all your effort to push it in so it cant come out, but dont handle or bust the black rod, keep it as clean as can be.

then your done. Enjoy.

OK, I'm in a similar position to the kid above, except I inherited a JR kit in the boot of the car when I bought it and just want to try it out to see if it's worth fitting - hence also being confused with the relocating of the sensors from the original airbox.

First, the blue sensor mounted on the front side of the airbox (in what seems to be a unit thats bolted to the airbox??) - am I right in assuming from your post that I can just position this anywhere when I remove the std airbox (and does it have to remain in its housing) ???

Second, the black sensor on the other side of the std airbox - I'm presuming this is fitted into the new air filter pipe as the one pipe that came with my filter has a hole in it to suit ??

Third, the small black tube - does this also connect to the air filter pipe, as once again, the one I have seems to have a hole for it too ???

Sorry to sound thick, but having never fitted a kit before, I just want to get it right so I can make a decent assessment of whether it's worth having on the car or not. I know some people have said don't bother, but as someone else said, there's loads of people with kits fitted and since I got rid of the Mongoose exhaust I'm in need of some induction noise to make up for it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for the help. :thumbsup:

Pete