Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1999 Corolla Sr

ChrisEC

Hi

right ive just bought a 1999 corolla 1.6sr and was wondering what evryones suggestions as to the best mods for this car are?? i was thinking lowering it fitting some new wheels and possibly the wrc front bumper and spoiler.

also if i debadge the back does it leave any holes?? and i was looking at fitting an induction kit earlier and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the little plastic sensor type thing going into the airbox is and what to do about it if i fit an induction kit??

thanks

Hi

right ive just bought a 1999 corolla 1.6sr and was wondering what evryones suggestions as to the best mods for this car are?? i was thinking lowering it fitting some new wheels and possibly the wrc front bumper and spoiler.

also if i debadge the back does it leave any holes?? and i was looking at fitting an induction kit earlier and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the little plastic sensor type thing going into the airbox is and what to do about it if i fit an induction kit??

thanks

I can't answer all your questions but I'll do my best on a few of them. Personally I wouldn't bother modifying the SR for performance increases, I'd save up and buy a faster, better handling car. I've fitted a custom exhaust on my car and it sounds nice, but not on the motorway. I've also debadged mine and it doesn't leave any holes, the badges are stuck on with glue. I've fitted Eibach springs to mine too, improves the handling but at the expense of ride quality.

If I remember right, the plastic sensor thing is the air temp sensor. As far as performance goes with these engines, the best you can aim for with the 4AFE is around the 120bhp-130bhp mark without spending thousands, get a good induction kit, cold air feed to it, straight through exhaust system, decent plugs, leads and Battery and try a power booster valve (Made by FSE) increased my 4EFE corolla power by 5-6bhp so would think it should do well with the 4AFE, also worth getting some bonnet ventage of some sort, just helps keeps things that little bit cooler but wont make a huge difference...

I had my Corolla running just shy of the 100bhp mark and that was with the 4EFE and no internal engine work done...

I can't answer all your questions but I'll do my best on a few of them. Personally I wouldn't bother modifying the SR for performance increases, I'd save up and buy a faster, better handling car. .

Thats the thing with the ae111 it's a good car the engines just :censor: you might as well just buy another car if you want more power the 4afe is very limited and not worth spending loads of cash on the normall exhaust, airfilter will give you a bit more grunt but you will never get any massive power gains.

So unless you want to change the engine sell the car and buy a model with better bhp to start with!

I did see some 4afe's with turbos I know of a kit out there but I dont think anyone in the UK has fitted it yet it's about 2kish and would give 150bhp? then again you can buy a 94 civic with that as standard! :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links