Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Going For Gold

DogmaLoki

Well I just submitted my order for gold membership. Hell, I've only had a Toyota two days, I can't drive it as a wheel is buggered... and I'm joining up for an owners' club. :D

But I do have a question. I had to accept some TOCs... but why on earth do I have to accept that the Lexus Owners Club can end my membership?? Who are they, what do they have to do with us? Why do they have such god-like powers that make me cower here in front of my computer in fear?

ahh poop

my fault... did not change the info.. its a duplicate of LOC.. our sister website.

a new membership system is on its way

thanks for pointing it out!

LOC & TOC are sister clubs, you'll find a lot of TOC's post over here as we post over there, you'll find that occasionally a number of posts are duplicated from one site to another and on aoccasion errors do occur :D

Ahh. All becomes apparant. I'm glad it's not some outsider with dominion over us... just part of the family then.

I did get an email saying my gold membership had been confirmed... and that was from a lexus address. However I went there and it was just a website holding page.

So where is this LOC site for me to go and be nosy at.?

Although I was at one earlier in fact... is this it? http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...ST&f=30&t=6687&

(I could see what my new alloys are like on a red sporty car there!)

cool mate, i know ill get my wrists slapped for saying this...

but some of the people over there (not all, most of em are good blokes) are a bit up themselves coz theyve got a lexus.

but welcome to the club and glad you went gold, you wont regret it mate. mega savings.

what car you got anyway mate?

don't know who you mean by being up themselves, I've never encountered that one yet...

Haven't met one person who doesn't regard this as one big club and happy family...

i was dissapointed in the few members who started giving me and the starlet boys some lip at JAE.

after looking at my car, sniggering to his mate "i thought this was show was for adults"

and then they started on the starlet boys coz our cars were "cheap" and their cars were "better because they cost more"

there were a few other coments. but its all been brought up here before,

dead and burried i say. :thumbsup:

I agree with the dead and buried comment, I don't think cheap would have been the right word as mine must have been one of the cheapest cars on the stand over JAE and I was over with the LOC lot most of the time, free coffee in the hospitality suite anyone....

I think one of the problems that we'll have to sort out next year is the mixing and mingling, the starlet boys and yourself if I am not mistaken were in a tent section away from the main groups and even hada bbq to yourselves, there wasn't mixing going on which would have broken the ice and helped people learn about each others cars and what each other were like...

yup we was in our own little gazeebo, and we had our own bbq.

thinking about it we should have maybe mingled a bit more, but everyone was angry about the mentioned incident. and we was all having a right good chin wag about starlets anyway. next year ill make more of an effort to chum up with the loc, (as long as they dont point and laugh at me car :P )

yup we was in our own little gazeebo, and we had our own bbq.

thinking about it we should have maybe mingled a bit more, but everyone was angry about the mentioned incident. and we was all having a right good chin wag about starlets anyway. next year ill make more of an effort to chum up with the loc, (as long as they dont point and laugh at me car :P )

if your only going to mingle with LOC wont the TOC lot feel left out :P

Okay.. I feel I have to step in here...

A. The mentioned incident... are you sure it was a LOC member??? I dont know of any member who would say something like that!

B. We are one big happy family... and I dont think any of LOC are up themselves..

C. Do not tar everyone with the same brush... after an incident last night I could easily have a bad opinion of TOC members.. but I don't, because I have liked every member I have met.

So stop coming down on us Lex boys... we love our cars as much as you do... and there is no need for inter-club tensions!

he was an loc member. he said he was, donno who it was though mate.

and believe me, im not taking you all for EDITED AGAIN, (well, maybe you fidgits :P :lol: )

i dont know you lot that well, but i know that most of you are good blokes (or lasses). it just really got to me that they started taking the pish coz i had a yaris. its not nice having your car slated in front of you.

but like ive said, i dont wanna talk about it, coz i dont wanna cause little mini club wars. i even said up there that is was a select few people being big headed. sorry if i caused any stir-ups.

lets drop it now eh? appology accepted?

all together now :group-cuddles:

oh well.. who ever said is is a pillock...

they were right.. it is for adults and perhaps they were on their way to the childrens play ground.

Ooh dear, I've started an incident. :D

I imagine if there are any tensions it's like a company basically. You're all meant to get along, and have one common goal, but there's always some competition/tension and one upmanship.

And I bought a Toyota... Toyotas are nicer than Lexuses. :D I remember when I was in America... the Lexus was being advertised on TV as a son's first car. Ha!

As to the question about the car I got... it's a Celica GT. I will be posting pictures of it soon in the Celica forum, as it seems the thing to do. But first I've got to get the wheels replaced. :D

perhaps the IS maybe!

Not really an incident an unfortunate happening at one of the meets, generally toc & loc get along superbly and everyone in both clubs is extremely friendly as you would expect....

99.99% of members respect each others cars for what they are no matter what it is and there is no one upmanship....

hope im not considered in that .01 % :(

but thats pretty funny about the lexus ad. heh. someone try and find it

99.99% of members respect each others cars for what they are no matter what it is and there is no one upmanship....

That's good to hear. :) WHen I was talking about one upmanship, I didn't mean to any bad level. Just I'd imagine there's a bit of friendly competition between such clubs. And in fact I'd expect that to occur internally within each club too. Great that everyone's so friendly and helpful... but there's still something about being proud of what you've got, and maybe lettnig your head swell a bit. :D That's fair. Although there's no bragging going on that I've seen, which is cool.

On the day I got my new Toyota I had a lump on my head. May have been a bite... or may have been my head starting to expand when I stand near by new baby in the street. :D

can i start?

I have a very fast car :lol::lol: