Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Will It Blow Again?

Oli

Hey guys! That thing isn't really in my budget but I think I'll get it anyway! :lol:

I listen to mostly bass stuff but I don't like it stupidly bassy if you know what I mean! The other prob is I have standard Speakers :unsure:

I'm off now to look in another place, now where's my credit card.. :D

i use QED 25th Silver Aniversary wire for my linkages.... the silver core lets sooo much clarity through and is reasonably thin to hide away....

I went back to the shop today where i got the amp & sub..

After an hr of them playing about and on the 3rd Rockford Amp it moved a sub without tripping off or humming from a short inside.. Then they test the sub.. one voice coil has gone (Blown by the faulty amp)

They didn't have any 12in kicker squares left with the right ohms so i need to choose another sub. We tried a few boxes and nothing would fit or it couldn't take the 700W RMS off the amp :ffs:

So the chap is building me a custom box to fit the boot with a 15in Rockford Sub! A bit more money but i'm not complaining considering the box plus the extra 3 inches of sub..

Altogether a top service from Bass Junkies

I'd recommend them anyday...

At least you got it sorted :)

I think I'll go & grab that sub & box tomorrow, Mellow mentioned something about breaking in the new sub? Does that mean I have to be careful not to crank it up to much at first? I doubt I'd have all that much bass anyway... :blink:

At least you got it sorted :)

I think I'll go & grab that sub & box tomorrow, Mellow mentioned something about breaking in the new sub? Does that mean I have to be careful not to crank it up to much at first? I doubt I'd have all that much bass anyway... :blink:

It's best to take it easy at first.. they take around 10 - 40 hrs of playing to run in..

If you like low bass it might be better to wait a bit and get a bigger sub. A 12" is a good all rounder..

Then you could always up the amp at a later date for more power..

I think they had a 12" for £85...this is getting more expensive :D Think I'll go for the 10", should be ok... :unsure:

10" are ok for punch but you need a 12" for the lows..

Ok back to plan A, 8", the other stuff is all to expensive! :wacko: Only problem is I can't find a cheap 8"er, anyone got nay good sites for them?

MCS Direct

It's a cheap site... Still would advise a 12" though.. Saying that i've never heard a 8"

• 2 months later...

Right better check this then with the poeple in the know.... YOU GUYS!!! :D :thumbsup:

I'm looking at a Kenny 12" 700W 4 ohms Sub to be driven off a Kenny KAC-201T 600W amp now looking at the number (700W +600W) the amp - in theroy is underpowered for the sub by 100W to that is a nice safe buffer margin.

Is this right?

Thanks

R

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links