Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Right.. Who Is Up For Go-karting?

Fizz

Matt aka Muffmoffmiff chappie tried to organise a karting event which never really kicked off.

Date and time has been confirmed Sunday 5th August 2007 @ 1.00pm

Now I am looking to try get one setup with Matts help. :thumbsup:

The plan is to get a shot at an outdoor karting track with the aim of running a session using twin engine jobbies! :) (capable of over 50mph) :toast:

There are a few places which mat has suggested and i believe that the one that seems to stand out is a place in York.

http://www.proam-karting.co.uk/

The estimate cost will be about £45 each. A deposit of £10 will be taken prior to the event to ensure we have no drop outs. :rolleyes:

Im sure i will be able to get a couple of mates to come along and Matt is a deffo so already have a small handful of definite attendees.

We will need a minimum of 20 to get the place to ourselfs but should there not be enough drivers i suggest that we join in with other parites as a smaller group regardless.

Right the important bit...

I have now confirmed the date with the venue and we are booked in for min 20 people.

Please can i ask for the deposit of £10 to be sent via cheque or cash given to me in hand by the 25th of June which should be able time for everyone. I need to get this deposit sent off to the owner of the track asap to ensure we have got the track to ourselfs!

Normally they dont do the GP event on the Sunday and the other dates were prebooked hence why it ended up on a Sunday thanks to the track owner.

If you are sending a cheque then please keep in mind i need to give these time to cash so send them a few days prior to the deadline.

All cheques to be in the name of Faisal Sultan and to the following address.

Faisal Sultan

1 Alston Close

Bradford

West Yorkshire

BD9 6AN

Please could you put your user name on the back of the envelope you send it in so i know who has paid. :)

Date and time has been confirmed Sunday 5th August 2007 @ 1.00pm

Karting People & Who has paid the deposit!

1. Fizz Well Duh!! :rolleyes: Paid

2. Fizz's Workmate Bob £10 - Deposit Paid

3. Fizz's Workmate Dave Knox £45 - Fully Paid :thumbsup:

4. Fizz's Workmate Moody £45 - Fully Paid :thumbsup:

5. Fizz's Workmate Adam Walters £10 - Deposit Paid

6. Fizz's Workmate Jo £10 - Deposit Paid

7. Fizz's Workmate Jo's other half £10 - Deposit Paid

8. Fizz's Workmate Xinke £10 - Deposit Paid

9. Matt £10 - Deposit Paid

10. Matts mate Pip £10 - Deposit Paid

11. Dale V £10 - Deposit Paid

12. Kev Mc £10 - Deposit Paid cheque

13. Hou £10 - Deposit Paid

14. Hou's mate Mark £10 - Deposit Paid

15. Pompy Gaz £10 - Deposit Paid cheque

16. Pompy Gaz's mate Sarah £10 - Deposit Paid

17. N n C Gaz £10 - Deposit Paid

18. N n C Gaz's mate Alan £10 - Deposit Paid

19. N n C Gaz's mate Iain £10 - Deposit Paid

20. N n C Gaz's mate jack £10 - Deposit Paid

21. N n C Gaz's mate Daniel £10 - Deposit Paid

22. N n C Gaz's mate Keli £10 - Deposit Paid

23. N n C Gaz's mate Laura £10 - Deposit Paid

24. Zeroblade £10 - Deposit Paid

25. Sketchy £10 - Deposit Paid

26. Andy Jones (lazy ***** from imoc who wont register) £10 - Deposit Paid

27. Andy Jones mate Chris H £10 - Deposit Paid

28. Andy Jones mate Shaggy £10 - Deposit Paid

29. Andy Jones mate Chris P £10 - Deposit Paid

30. Andy Jones mate Shaun £10 - Deposit Paid

31. Andy Jones mate Tony £10 - Deposit Paid

Spectator List

Les

Anne

Ash

Rich - Boro Sera

Updated

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fizz

• Pompey Gaz

• Moffmo

• Kev Mc

Top Posters In This Topic

aye add me

Nice one.. but what preferences do you have with regards to the event date? Any weekends you cant do?

I am free on sundays, if its a sat ill need to arrange a day off work, so will need notice :blink:

I could be up for this as a spectator....I wouldnt want to disgrace my driving Miss Daisy styleeeee

Sundays are good for me soooo far.

Well if hes going I'm going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT only as a spectator - wouldn't want to embarass you fellas :rolleyes:

Count me in!

:thumbsup:

Nice one people... names are now down... :)

So what preferences do you chaps have? It seems that the Grand Prix dates are on a Saturday for some strange reason.

Ideally i would personally like to get this arrnaged for this month. The following dates are available.

Saturday 9th June 2007 @ 10.00am

Saturday 23rd June 2007 @ 12.00pm

Saturday 21st July 2007 @ 12.00pm (this falls on JAE so its a no no)

Saturday 4th August 2007 @ 12.00pm

Please can you tell me which dates you cant do...

I'm going to have a word with a few of my mates to see if any of them fancy it because I really don't fancy driving 100 miles there & back with only myself as company but if I can drag some1 along I'm definately keen. What's the script with regards to a licence, can anybody just come along & have a go or what?

Are there any people from my way that fancy a convoy of some sort? I haven't figured out how to install the sat nav on my phone yet so if I did end up on my own I'd feel much better following somebody else instead of using my own sense of direction.

they dont need any pre-requisits mate... kids do it from the age of 5..lol

Just noticed, I'm actually going to Harrogate on Sunday the 10th for a fire exhibition so if it was arranged for the Saturday there would be potential to go & then stay in the area until the Sunday :ermm:

I could be up for this :)

Depends on when and my £££ level :!Removed!:

Looks like 4th of august is looking most likely then it seems... ehough time would have passed from the JAE weekend as well.. :)

4th August is probably best for me Fizz :thumbsup:

Got a mate that will tag along also if required

can we confirm the 4th so I can take a day off work? ASAP

i dont see why not. I will ring the place today and find out if its available as per the website. :)

Ok.. Ive just had a word with the chap who runs the place.

He said the 4th is a bit busy to be honest but he has said that if we go to an open event he will be able to sort out a GP for us with enough advanced warning.

This mean that the 5th of August (sunday) would be a better prospect for us stating at 1pm. Would last about 2/3 hours.

Now in order to have the track to ourselfs we need minimum 20 drivers to come. If we have less then he will try and get our group joined in with other people to arrange a GP possibly. :)

So then.. do we reckon we can get 20 drivers? come on people lets get this thing moving and have a great event. He said that for a decent GP you ideally need about 30 drivers.

It's deffo £45 per driver

As this date is roughly where most people are happy with i would like to stick to it unless most of you cant make it.

Hou - This track has been setup next to the older one we went to a couple of years back. These guys used run an indoor place in selby but have seince moved here about a year ago.

thought the name rings a bell know the one in selby well, got knocked down to built the jjb gym I go to to hopefully will be run far better then the others

think I have to upper hand so far as I drive a go kart daily, but mines single engine 1.3t

Sounds good to me, I'll have a word with my mates & see if I can get any of them to come along. The only potential problem I can see is that date being towards the end of pre-season so there could well be an Everton match so we'll wait & see but I'm keen

think I have to upper hand so far as I drive a go kart daily, but mines single engine 1.3t

Fighting talk, love it :P :lol:

4th august sounds ok, bit pricy but yeah i'll make the effort to grace yuo with my presence :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links