Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Alternatives?

dave.m

In keeping with our pics of strange cars seen on holiday.............

I saw a few of these whilst I was away.. Not sure if it's coming to the UK though?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you The Ford Edge!!! :clown:

edge.jpg

Paul, good to have you back, hope you enjoyed your hols. :thumbsup:

Dave.

(oops off RAILS again I mean topic :lol: )

In keeping with our pics of strange cars seen on holiday.............

I saw a few of these whilst I was away.. Not sure if it's coming to the UK though?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you The Ford Edge!!! :clown:

edge.jpg

Paul, good to have you back, hope you enjoyed your hols. :thumbsup:

Dave.

(oops off RAILS again I mean topic :lol: )

Hi Everyone!!

Thanks for the kind welcome back!! :thumbsup:

Was looking forward to getting stuck in yesterday, when my connection went down after my 1st post :(

Sounds like it's been as mad as ever on here!! :P

Whats all this about trains then?? Hope you're not ganging up on Anchorman!!?? ;)

Just came upon this....

Toyota Vanguard

Question :unsure: : In (UK spec) RAV's the Hazard Warning switch / button is on the passenger side of the dash. In the (Japanese spec) Vanguard the Hazard Warning switch is on the drivers side, nice and handy to the steering wheel. Why?

Fuj'

I think the switch on the left is related to that strange lump under the mirror. There are some wierd and wonderful deveices on Japanese spec vehicles and I suspect this one is related to transmitting data for road tolling or similar (does anyone have any definite info?). It makes sense to put the switch on the same side. For us they put the 4X4 lock switch nearer to us because it is a driving control.

Hey Paul

Welcome back. I've been working fairly solid these last few days and just had a bit of a trawl through.

I notice there has been a little bit of provocation while I have been out of the loop but keep watching as its time for me to respond...........

However, I am going back to the USA for another week on Friday so no doubt I'll be shot to bits when I return!

Good job Im thick skinned!!!

Just came upon this....

Toyota Vanguard

Question :unsure: : In (UK spec) RAV's the Hazard Warning switch / button is on the passenger side of the dash. In the (Japanese spec) Vanguard the Hazard Warning switch is on the drivers side, nice and handy to the steering wheel. Why?

Fuj'

I think the switch on the left is related to that strange lump under the mirror. There are some wierd and wonderful deveices on Japanese spec vehicles and I suspect this one is related to transmitting data for road tolling or similar (does anyone have any definite info?). It makes sense to put the switch on the same side. For us they put the 4X4 lock switch nearer to us because it is a driving control.

You are right about wierd and wonderful devices! The LHS switch is something to do with that passenger side mirror from the icon on it, as you say transmitting data to automatic toll barriers, seems likely. The lump under the passenger mirror seems too large just to house the blind spot / kerb mirror!

Anyway question answered about UK spec cars. Thanks, :thumbsup: when you think about it logically, you need driver aids near the driver. Even if, I'm guessing, most RAV drivers will never use it in anger.

Have kept away from this thread till now. Lots of reference to "ugly" other models, 2007 CRV, Tribeca etc.

I have 2005 XTR 2.0 D4D and 2007 CRV 2.2 iCDTi ES. The Honda has a lot better specification for a lot less cash in mid range models. I tested T180, superb vehicle but was not too happy about run flat tyre situation (see Thread I started last December) I looked at XT3 and 4 but neither had cruise control, which is an essential for me so in March I bought CR-V.

Back to looks, 4.3 Toyota looks more conventional and better from front than CR-V but from side on the rear of RAV looks too much like a Renault Scenic (no comment on Renault!!).

Honda is returning 42-44 mpg over good fast journeys which is about same as 4.2. 4.2 shows 46- 48 but speedo is 10% + 2mph over. My only complaint with car since new. Toyota will not do anything about it as it meets industry guidlines. ( actual 70mph shows 80 and 80 shows 90+)

Toyota due for change March 2008 and T180 will certainly be considered, recent thread on run flat tyre problems has certainly endorsed what I feared and worse so this may well be sorted out by next year.

Comments. No doubt my ears will be burning shortly.

Whats that old saying ? imitation is the best form of flattery ? Coincidentally I read Planet 4X4 magazine and in there buying guide they say that the Suzuki Grand Vitara is Britains worst 4X4. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Dave.

Suzuki Grand Vitara, rated 102 out of 113 in the What car? J D Power survey of 2007, nuff said. Kingo :thumbsup:

Clicky for results

PS 4 Toyota's and 2 Lexus in the top ten, quality or what?

Whats that old saying ? imitation is the best form of flattery ? Coincidentally I read Planet 4X4 magazine and in there buying guide they say that the Suzuki Grand Vitara is Britains worst 4X4. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Dave.

Suzuki Grand Vitara, rated 102 out of 113 in the What car? J D Power survey of 2007, nuff said. Kingo :thumbsup:

Clicky for results

PS 4 Toyota's and 2 Lexus in the top ten, quality or what?

Kingo, just thought of a good comparison, Gucci watches for a tenner :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave ;)

XTR with a Ford badge anyone?

3087735316.jpg

Read the full story below, with more pictures,

Ford Kuga

That actually looks better at the back than the front....Been seeing the C-Max mule car's at Dunton going around a lot (work on site there sometime)...testing the 4x4 system.....

Also white is making a come back...Looks good in that colour....

I actually quite like this one (reason I done this thread to start with). Now if we could

only get them to put a Toyota engine in it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave ;)

Edit, re the colour, I was browsing through Rav 4 world and spotted a photo of a

4.2 in white. Thought it looked stunning :o

:offtopic:

Did some work the other day at a clients site...and they had this parked in the front reception..... B) B)

IMAGE_029.jpg

Very nice....... :D :D

probably parked there by Fernado....

I actually quite like this one (reason I done this thread to start with). Now if we could

only get them to put a Toyota engine in it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave ;)

Edit, re the colour, I was browsing through Rav 4 world and spotted a photo of a

4.2 in white. Thought it looked stunning :o

Back on topic....

Here's some more shots....Looking cool in white...Just hope the cha's dont get it and then add those ST stripes across the bonnet and roof.....

Clicky

Chatman, love the signature :lol::lol:

Re the Mclaren, no good :angry: it has not got 4 wheel drive :D there you go back on topic. ;)

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming soon to a dealer near you, Nissans answer to Lexus. Saw this one in a magazine, very popular in

the states apparently. To INFINITI and beyond then :lol::lol:

http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/InfinitiFX35/Photos.htm

Dave. ;)

Have to say, I like those Dave :thumbsup:

Absolutely MASSIVE up close!!

I like some of the other Infinity cars that are earmarked to come to the Uk soon :)

Errrm ....................not to keen on it myself.........look's a bit lardy.

"Who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies!" :o

Errrm ....................not to keen on it myself.........look's a bit lardy.

"Who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies!" :o

yea but it's going to be built brilliantly and never break down and have every conceivable extra you could want....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This was ripped from the road test linked to Dave's photo's

Under the hood of the FX35 is a 3.5-liter V6 engine that is a derivative of the engine in the Nissan Z350. Nissan advertises that it has been voted one of the world's 10 Best Engines, and it's true. We've driven several vehicles with derivatives of the engine and they've all shown great performance.

The engine is hooked to a five-speed automatic transmission with a manual mode. We had zero opportunities to try the FX35 on challenging roads, so the manual mode went untested. But the automatic did its job well, delivering 18.7 mpg in mostly highway driving. Sure, it would be nice to have better economy - particularly during a week when the price of gasoline went over $1.75 a gallon - but 18.7 is good for an SUV

Are they going to do a diesel? :fear:

This was ripped from the road test linked to Dave's photo's

Under the hood of the FX35 is a 3.5-liter V6 engine that is a derivative of the engine in the Nissan Z350. Nissan advertises that it has been voted one of the world's 10 Best Engines, and it's true. We've driven several vehicles with derivatives of the engine and they've all shown great performance.

The engine is hooked to a five-speed automatic transmission with a manual mode. We had zero opportunities to try the FX35 on challenging roads, so the manual mode went untested. But the automatic did its job well, delivering 18.7 mpg in mostly highway driving. Sure, it would be nice to have better economy - particularly during a week when the price of gasoline went over $1.75 a gallon - but 18.7 is good for an SUV

Are they going to do a diesel? :fear:

HA can beat that mislay attempt Fuji...

New regulations across America mean the Hummer H2 will have to achieve fuel economy of 20-22mpg - compared with the current 12mpg.

And you can get them with 30" wheels Ultimate Hummer

car_photo_209539_7.jpg

Dear Santa, if you can fit this on your sleigh..can I have one of these...I only want it to drive around London in... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God, I hope the Hummer's got really black limo tints all round because I won't what to be spotted in that monster! Especially with that paint job, its hideous..................but it might blend in down London way :lol::lol::lol:

30" wheels!!!!!!!!!!!

VW Tiguan, must admit it looks like a Golf on stilts, but come next Feb I think I,ll be first in the Q for one over here. Fell in love with it first time I saw it !!!! In my humble opinion it really will give the Rav a run for it,s money

Clare

Have already ordered brochure from VW dealer on island when it comes available

I was going to post this yesterday evening but my little boy had other ideas! :rolleyes:

Some time I wish car makes wouldn't produce concept cars so closely related to the actual production version. The production version is a fine looking car but after the excitement of the original concept its.....how to put this......a little dull.

I'm not talking about the flame orange colour of the concept but the little details, the headlights, the front grill, the fog lights that make it a little different.............well, from any other VW.

Anyway I'm sure it will be a very good car on the road but I'll stick with my lovely RAV for now......I couldn't stand the weeks in intensive care if I told my wife that I was changing the car again! :lol::lol::lol:

tiguan1.jpg

db2007au01113_large.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links