Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bumpy Ride

Saints

Hi

My wife has just got herself a 2002 T-Sport. Nice car but finding the ride harsh. I understand its a sport so all abit stiffer. It does not handle potholes and bumps well at all, the rear feels like its dropping in to a crater, Is this normal?

She is also getting a buzz/rattle that appers to be coming from the dash and around the center and banging from the rear when on bumpy roads, sounds like its coming from the parcel shelf area.

It's got 60k on the clock but has a full history.

Any comments welcome, Thanks

Mine has that sort of mileage, and do get a few rattles from dash, and the ride is quite hard as it has sports suspension. Don't get banging from the rear though.

The ride is harsh - I'd say the characteristics you describe are normal. The upside being that your missus can now take corners more confidently.

Buzz/Rattles - welcome to the Yaris. They may have a reputation for reliability but they sure aren't well made. Rattles seems to come and go depending on revs, road surface etc but generally they just come and go of their own accord. You could take everything apart and fit foam pads everywhere but you may end up worse than when you started.

Banging from the rear. ahem :blink: Could be that the parcel shelf isn't located properly but more than likely it'll be the hinges at the top of the bootlid. Open the boot and spray some lubricant around them.

Yep, all normal noises! You may wish to look here:

How to stop dash rattle

Also the dash buzzes can be from the speaker grilles either side, take the speaker grille out, and on the outside of the hole there is a lip that rattles against the A pillar trim, put a wedge of foam in there. Also whiel you have the grille out, take the speaker out and there is a bolt holding the dash to the chassis at the front, this also comes loose over time, so tighten it, as it produces as metal like rattle.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Thanks

I put some foam pads under the plastic trim by the wipers where it touches the windscreen, the dash rattle has now gone. The banging from the rear!! (I really should read my posts again before submiting them) was the jack. It was rolling around in the spare wheel.

Just need to get a TTE spoiler for it now, i think it was an import originally as it does not have one.

Out of interest, what foam pads do people use and where do you get them from?

That rattle from the scuttle panel is shocking - seems to be on most Yari, that plastic panel fits nowhere near flush against the window.

Well you can get pads, but i use foam tape on a roll, then you can just cut pads off :thumbsup:

Think most DIY places will sell them :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links