Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Is Creaking A Bit

siaco

I have a Yaris 1.4 diesel, 2004 model which has a total mileage of about 25,000. I have just started to notice that the clutch is making some creaking sounds when I press it in and when I release it. Can't say I remember that it did that this winter. Is this anything to be worried about?

It is most probably the clutch master cylinder that is making the creaking noise (very common) If your car is still in warranty take it to a dealership and get them to replace it.

If the warranty period has ran out, the creaking wont hinder the operation of the clutch so no real need to get it replaced unless you like spending money and can live with the noise.

Mart

Where does the creaking sound coming from? in the cabin or under the bonnet? Mine creaked and sprayed wd 40 on the linkage above the pedal inside the cabin...no more creaking

Where does the creaking sound coming from? in the cabin or under the bonnet? Mine creaked and sprayed wd 40 on the linkage above the pedal inside the cabin...no more creaking

exactly what I did, no more creaking for me either :) :thumbsup:

Hmm interesting to see our toyota technician say its a common problem. When mine was creaking my dealer said it was rare on the Yaris. They changed the pedal and bushes which made no difference. 2 master cylinders later its better but not perfect.

Mine did the same, and it was the pedal itself.

Bit of grease, and it was sorted. ;)

Yeah same here and that's on a two year old model :rolleyes:

Anything that moves on a regular basis is going to creak sooner or later clutch pedals, door hinges knees, WD40 or Cod Liver Oil (for the knees) normally sorts it out :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links