Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Rav4 Bull Bar

Dorian Wiskow

I have a 2000 NRG for which I recently purchased an OEM Toyota bull bar.

Does anybody have advice/experience on fitting this, as when I held it up to the front bumper there does seem to be a significant gap between some of the mounting bolts and the current bumper profile.

Did you get any fitting instructions with it? If second hand are there any brackets missing?

Mart

Yes, got a full set of instructions . . . and all the bolts.

Essentially the instructions say remove the existing bumper, mark up and drill holes in the existing bumper (aligned with bolts fitted to bull bar), mount the bull bar onto the bumper, replace bumper.

My concern is that the bull bars don't seem to be quite the same shape as the 2000 bumper . . . . presumably it lines up with the more recent (2003 on ?) bumper with the round fog lights.

Anybody have any experience of fitting one of these and able to confirm my diagnosis ?

If so . . . . looks like I might have a Toyota OEM Bull Bar (complete with fitting instructions, bolts, washers etc) for sale ! :ffs:

Is it the black plastic & chrome bar with rav4 written on it ?

if so i have fitted 1 on a 52 plate car they do seem a bit off before fitting

did you get the drilling template with your parts ?

the pre 03 model is part no pz415-x0950-00

after 2003 it is pz415-x0951-00 this one has indentations :unsure: on the lower section the previous one is smooth.

If you look on

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/aim_Searc...p;strAccGroup=0

and search for installation manual on A2 ,2002 model for front guard then the 2003 model you will see the difference

hope this helps

regards Chris

Yes, its the black plastic one with RAV4 written on it.

The part number I have is pz415-x0951-00 . . . . . so I have the wrong one for my Rav4.

Bummer, looks like i have a Bull Bar for sale . . . . any one interested, please PM me.

I looked at doing this with mine at one point. I found that they are different. You can get a bull bar for the older shape, but it looks different... :censor:

How do you post a pic on this forum?

Thomo, if you go onto the photobucket website, open an account, and their instructions are pretty straight forward to get a photo uploaded. To then get photo on here, have a look at the thread called Rav 4 photos, sal the pal asks the same question. :thumbsup:

Dave.

PS One just went on EBAY for 40 quid + 15 p&p

That's very cheap . . . dealer price for this OEM item is over £250 ! I am looking for at least 75% of that.

£175 ?

Did you pay £250 from a toyota dealer and they gave you the wrong one!

I would be taking it back mate, or at least back to the bloke who you bought it off telling him its the wrong type!!!!!

I just bought one of these, once I find out how to post a pic, I'll put one up of my car. what does anyone think of it?

http://www.endura-fps.com/webstore/search....de=06&sort=

I saw these at the motor show last year....Looks good on the RAV (believe there brochure has a RAV on the front)

It's the new type of insurance and pedestrian friendly bull bar....

That's why I got one. Insurance can't make head nor tail of it at the moment. It meets the new EU laws on pedestrian saftey, was a doddle to fit. I like it, I'm putting lights on mine today, they just bolt straight on, anyone know how to wire them up?

Hi Thomo,

If you are still struggling trying to get a photo on here have a look at the general discussions forum, there is a thread on there

about uploading photos :thumbsup: .

Cheers,

Dave.

4.jpg

5.jpg

This is my Rav with the new bar last week doing a bit of off roading with my mate in his Shogun. I got stuck and he pushed me out using the front bar, the second pic is after he pushed me out, hence all the mud splatter.

I wouldn't have got stuck if it were not for the tow bar.

Blimey a RAV actually off roading.... hats of to you thommo :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice pics as well.............

I just bought one of these, once I find out how to post a pic, I'll put one up of my car. what does anyone think of it?

http://www.endura-fps.com/webstore/search....de=06&sort=

Sorry mate, I don't like it. But I not very keen on bull bars in the first place.

It just looks like a chunk of <whatever> stuck on the front of the car, which I suppose it is.

It's all down to personal tastes, so if YOU like it, then it doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. So carry on RAVing :thumbsup:

I have to say I'm not keen on it either. I don't really care for bull bars but that looks a bit like a ram raiding attachment or a stacker truck with no forks.

I like having the comfort of four wheel drive up here in the hills but I'm not ready to subject mine to that kind of treatment.

It's interesting to see how it stands up to it though.

Regards

Wow! :eek: Great photos.

I have done a little offroad driving in the past (in other peoples cars - and the big Landcruiser was the BEST).

But I am not brave enough to take my own car out into the wildness, hats off to you mate :toast:

Nice to know that the RAV will hold its own when the going gets sticky.

Happy driving :)

Mine came with the Toyota bar already fitted and at no cost - dealer had just put it on the model they were about to put in their showroom. As far as I'm concerned, it's just for show - I wouldn't want to use it for pushing anything.

Mine came with the Toyota bar already fitted and at no cost - dealer had just put it on the model they were about to put in their showroom. As far as I'm concerned, it's just for show - I wouldn't want to use it for pushing anything.

Is that a proper bull bar or the aluminium garnish that wraps up over the bumper?

Cheers

Is that a proper bull bar or the aluminium garnish that wraps up over the bumper?

Cheers

This is the Bull Bar I like... clicky and have seen on quite a few RAV's new and old shape....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers

This is the Bull Bar I like... clicky and have seen on quite a few RAV's new and old shape....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes thats the one.

I didn't like that at first but it has grown on me now. It looks even better with side steps.

Cheers