Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oxy Sensor On 3sge

tariqf

Please help, my 1995 carina e GTi is failing it's emmissions (too much CO) and I need to check the oxygen (LAMDBA) sensor. The only problem is, I can't find it! It's usually on the exhaust downpipe or manifold, but there's nothing there and I can't see anywhere where it might have been if it was removed.

can anyone tell the the location of the oxygen sensor on a 3SGE?

i might be wrong, but have you checked the cat pipe? it could be there if its no where else to be found

thanks for the info, I've had a quick look around the cat pipe though and I can't see anything! Think I probably have raise the car and have a 'proper' look. Will post when I've checked thoroughly...

It goes into the cat pipe on the left when looking under the bonnet. You should see like a plug going in, you may need to remove the heat cover to get to it. Im wouldnt know exactly because i've never had to remove it myself.

But good luck.

• 2 months later...

Its right smack bang on the exhaust shield on my 3SGELU 87 GT-R - ya can't miss it...

Like GT4_WRC said ya might need to take the heat shield off and will see the sensor lead down to the cat - best way to get to it is a mechanic's pit or GULP :blink: get ure hands down under the engine block, around the sump and tweak around with it - I'd go for the pit :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links