Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Power?

kyle lew

right i was just wondering what is out there and whats best to get to have the most power out of my t-sport.

so far i have hks back box, de-cat, induction kit and will soon be getting myself a manifold. all i want to know is what else is out there that i can do to get more power.

thanks kyle

you could get it remamped with dasteks unichip to see a 10%gain, a perrin crank shaft pulley to increase acceleration, and then there is tte super charger which i think give 35bhp but its nearly £3000.

oppening another familiar can of worms i see....

basically if you want more power you have to spend lots of money.

you could go for throttle bodies and a very good exhaust system starting with the most important part, the manifold!

from this you could get arround 150BHP with a piggy back fuel system or a complicated remap if possible.

Or you can go for a compressor which will cost more but will give you as much power as you want, just change the pully over.

HOWEVER! the more power you want the more parts you will need to start replacing.

150BHP is very safe and easy as you won't even need an intercooler at those figures.

If you want more you should be ok for 20-30 extra bhp but any more and you will be requiring new internals.

if you then want to go for more power you should then go for a turbo as you will be able to get more power then with the compressor due to most compressor kits being designed for lower HP.

So if you want lots of power go for a turbo which will mean changing the rods, pistons, exhaust, buy a turbo, intercooler, fuel system, etc.. etc......

Or just buy a good quality manifold to go with your other mods, then get it remapped on decent fuel and you could be getting ~130BHP at a guess.

Brad =)

thanks smiley brad thats helped me quite abit. i dont want to go as far as turbo yet so maybe finding someone who could remap my car but its just finding someone who can do it.

should be getting my manifold this month then could look towards throttle bodies. who makes these for the yaris though? and if i did get throttle bodies would i need to change fueling aswel?

• 1 month later...

hey try the power enterprise camcon coupled with you exhaust you will get great results, i have that plus a bigger throttle body and i have 132bhp and a top speed of 132mph and all under £1600 :)

rite i keep hearin this n its buggin me

what is a "perrin crank shaft pulley "

ow much are they

wat do they do

will they fit the sr

i got one off of an st202 turbo model which is 10mm bigger that the standard ts

everything fit alright??

We want pics and a dyno chart!!!!! :thumbsup:

Isn't the ST202 N/A? the ST205 (GT4) has the turbo standard.

i got one off of an st202 turbo model which is 10mm bigger that the standard ts

everything fit alright??

people on the celica forum say the st202 is not a turbo? ive ordad a throttle body off eBay will it fit my ts? cheers :rolleyes:

ant ad bhp checked yet, a recon its put 10 bhp on, but it revs like mad lol :drool:

• 4 months later...
hey try the power enterprise camcon coupled with you exhaust you will get great results, i have that plus a bigger throttle body and i have 132bhp and a top speed of 132mph and all under £1600 :)

the st202 throttle body is plug and play??

i'm very interrested about this mod :D

• 13 years later...

Old thread.

Any details on the Celica throttle body mod?  Part number (or indeed which Celica to get one from), and any modifications required to fit and allow it to run properly?

Posters on this topic haven't visited the club since at least 2012, some since 2007, so they are not likely to reply.

Agreed, i think thats highly unlikely now!  

I was actually hoping someone else had tried this modification or indeed any of the others i've seen being posted. That notwithstanding, i would be interested to know if there are any better mods using perhaps newer items from the toyota parts bin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links