Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

East London Anyone?

VTRick

last night went out with the SEC.. ended up in becton in the tesco car park. mega cars , and loads of em.

but this one bloke on a bike caught my eye. he was doing some ill things on this bike. so when he left. a few of us followed. ended up on this road... and on my god. 3 sets of roundabouts with perfect straights going between. one car blocked off each end. police radio in hand. and some of the races. bugger me.

one race lined up.

mk1 fiesta vs porsche boxter S

fiesta totally raped it! even had the cheek to wave out the window. lol.

there was loads of cars that were just crazy. R5 there sounded like a fighter jet going past. and its on... every night!

get down there!

last night went out with the SEC.. ended up in becton in the tesco car park. mega cars , and loads of em.

but this one bloke on a bike caught my eye. he was doing some ill things on this bike. so when he left. a few of us followed. ended up on this road... and on my god. 3 sets of roundabouts with perfect straights going between. one car blocked off each end. police radio in hand. and some of the races. bugger me.

one race lined up.

there was loads of cars that were just crazy. R5 there sounded like a fighter jet going past. and its on... every night!

get down there!

I'm not being miserable but street racing sucks, If some bunch of kids in r5's blocked my route off, I'd go home and get the oldmans 7.2 Diesel Powerstroke F250 (with bull bars) and make certain that my route was clear ;) .

mixed reactions on such matters always

keen to watch - keen to keep distance

:thumbsup:

one race lined up.

get down there!

I'm not being miserable but street racing sucks, If some bunch of kids in r5's blocked my route off, I'd go home and get the oldmans 7.2 Diesel Powerstroke F250 (with bull bars) and make certain that my route was clear ;) .

Ever seen 'Duel' with Dennis Weaver.

"My cars just not that powerful, he's got some kinda souped up Diesel'

I'll be the Truck driver!

yes it was purple. with blue lights just under the windscreen. and <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> me it was a nutter. take it youve seen it

and sorry i didnt make my post clear. i dont do it. nor would i.

and i worded it wrong. yeah it was blocked in a way. but they stopped the racing and let other cars through when they wanted to come past. just radio'd through to tell everyone to stop for non racer people.

really organised

That sounds like the road running parrallel to the city airport. The college of East London is off one of the roundabouts......

It can be a fast road BUT a dangerous one.

There is an airport within 1 mile so that means security and POLICE.

And CCTV nearby.

It is next to one of the most policed areas outside of the City (docklands)........Remember the bomb in '96......I was there...Not good.

no mate, i know where you mean. big becton park sign and then the ExCeL sign right? great road, but yeah, dangerous.

its a few miles before that. right by tescos.

You mean the road with TWO speed cameras on Rick?? It goes up to the A13 roundabout.....

Or is it the road after you turn off into Tesco ??

come out of tesco, do a right. follow it till you see a dead white micra at a roundabout. there it is. the road is COVERED in tyre marks

Thought I had stepped into a max muppet area. :unsure:

Next time I head south I will steer clear of Becton.

Rick, take yourself and the racers to North Weald and race in a safer and legal area, its not far away and you get timed runs too.

north weald at 11 at night? dont think so?

11 oclock at night and these guys are racing around...

Thats also the time when pubs close and drunks start wandering about. They cant judge speed of an oncoming car, or move out the way quick enough when it looses control (neither can an ordinary person).

How long before someone gets badly hurt?

Street racing is a selfish act.

This is not a site that promotes street racing, if you hadn't noticed.

Can't you and the others find something better to do at night?

I guess most of the racers are too young for pubs etc...maybe pay some tlc to the cars instead.

Or go to a police station and look at pictures of Road Traffic Accidents and see what damage reckless driving can do.

Rick, sometimes your comments are stupid.

touchy subject this aint it!

dont condone it meself one bit and would rather leave it to the movies

:thumbsup:

after speaking with another mod it's been decided that this thread is headed in one direction so to prevent any further animosity growing....

Case Closed guvnor...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links