Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3sgte Difference

Hello there!!!! :D

I own a gt4! Im a total newbie to everything infact im only 17!!! Does anyone know the actual difference between the MR2 engine and the Gt4 engine! I know there is some!

But what???

What 1/4 does an Mr2 run???

The only differances I've seen are the directons of the pipes .. I've had my engine lid open and the bonnet up on a GT4. the only diff I could really see was that the GT4 was butt loads easier to work on.

I have a Rev2 MR2 which is the same block at the ST185 (gen 2 engine).

They run 6 secs 0-60 and about 14.5 secs for the 1/4 mile. But I spent 100 quid on bits and went from 200 lb/ft to 260 lb/ft .. so I'm hoping for about 5.5 0-60 and into the 13's for 1/4 miles.

I have seen Jap vids of a stock Rev2 vs a stock Rev3 (st205 engine) .. think they were both in the 13's but the Rev3 beat the Rev2 by about 1/2 a second.

Main problem is that the !Removed! have better petrol than us in the UK and not many turbo's end up here unmodified, so it's hard to get stock figures.

Yeah thats tuff with petrol and all petrol in australia is good and inexpensive 80c aud a litre and 90 c for 98 RON!!

We get great access to parts as well japan isnt far away!!! NZ is the luckiest with imports!!!

You mayt beleive this but they have so many imports you can buy a nice MR2 1994 turbo for $7000AUD!!! CRAZY!!! You just cant export them anywhere you can only use them in NZ!!! Lucky *****s :angry: and there dollar is weak!! :lol:

• 2 months later...

ST205 has a a2w top mounted intercooler.

You mayt beleive this but they have so many imports you can buy a nice MR2 1994 turbo for $7000AUD!!! CRAZY!!! You just cant export them anywhere you can only use them in NZ!!! Lucky *****s  and there dollar is weak!! 

We can't import cars from Japan unless there 1996 or higher, and there basicly isn't many Gen III MR2's left here in NZ. 96 ones are still very $$ in Japan so there still not really coming into NZ at the moment. Took me over a year to find mine, and since then (a year ago) Iv'e only seen ONE in the whole country come up for sale and although it seemed in good nick I knew the previous owner and it had certianly been drivin like they should..try 1.4 bar boost for over a year!!

Cheers

KiwiMR2