Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Connects2 Adaptor

gtiporter

Have fitted connects 2 adaptor to the Yaris 4 my ipod.

phase 2 moffman instructions which were very clear and helpful. THANKS MOFFMAN. Got the dashboard to bits, installed and put everything back in 50 mins and I was well chuffed. It all worked great and I though easy

when i play the ipod it shows as cd1-1 pr something like that

however yesterday as i was getting home the volume started fading. after i switched the ignition off and on it was fine.

today it faded and stayed silent. i could not hear the radio, or cd.

switched off the ignition and back on but still silence. everything appears to be working though. before i get back into the dash any thoughts. I thought everything had been plugged in.

its not a fader thing is it? its a d4d diesel 2003 t spirit. great car.

if anyone has any ideas please throw them my way :crybaby:

I have fitted the same thing as you and its working fine. However, when i fitted it myself i do remember hearing no music sometimes and not knowing what was wrong!

My brother helped me and he just really firmly pushed in the auxiliary lead that connects to the ipod and that sorted it. Needless to say i felt like an idiot but it did the trick!

Not sure about the radio, but i know that sometimes i have to turn the ignition on and of for it to register the lead. Take it apart once again and just make sure everything is really firmly pushed in. Going over any ramps, bumps etc could have loosened the connection if it wasnt pushed in firmly in the first place.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Its much better than an i-trip dont u think, its the best thing i ever did to my car!!!

cheers danny i think i will have to take the dash apart again and check the connections. it did it tonight. i went out and it was working and after 10 mins it slowly faded and the sound went. the volume control made no difference. weird. did same thing when i then returned home about 2 hours later.

i agree though danny-when it the ipod is working through it it is fantastic. cd quality and every music track available. fantastic.

i dont fancy transmitting it radio quality style. cant see the point. anyways i will try and post after seeing how it goes

:crybaby:

thought that maybe the connector was not in the unit properly. its certainly in now.

went to the shops (20 min journey) everything was sweet

on the way back after about 10 mins the sound faded and nothing

it will be ok again tomorrow morning for a while

i may have to take the connect2 thing out and hope this does not afect the cd and radio player unless anyone else can assist or think what migth be causing this.

Oh no what the :censor: is going on?

Im sorry my idea didnt work. How strange? Hope u find a solution. x x x x

cheers danny -your help makes me feel better

i took it out today and went miles with the original set up

cd and radio volume hasnt faded at all. everything is cool. which is pleasing in some ways.

i can only presume the connects2 is knackered. do you think? all the connections on it look good but it must be that.

i will probably send it back.

Hi I bought a connects 2 adpater a while back for my ph1 yaris. I also ahd the same problem. Worked perfectly the first day installed, then fuzzy Speakers, only playing through 1 speaker, not working and so having to turn car off and on etc etc Pain in the :censor: ! I then tried pushing everything in tightly and taping up connections but problem still persisted. Returned it and got another one-has worked brilliantly ever since! Maybe you should try the same??

cheers danny -your help makes me feel better

i took it out today and went miles with the original set up

cd and radio volume hasnt faded at all. everything is cool. which is pleasing in some ways.

i can only presume the connects2 is knackered. do you think? all the connections on it look good but it must be that.

i will probably send it back.

No problem - i know how upsetting it is not to have the music setup u would like in your car. Think u and the other persons idea seems to be the best. Return and get a knew one. I went through hell getting and fitting my connects adapter. It took 2 months in all to sort :censor: but only cos of hellfords stupidity. It will b all worth it in the end. Good luck x x x :thumbsup:

cheers mitten and danny

useful feedback. time to get another one

i followed the instrucs on this forum perfectly so that must be the problem

thanks for input. great forum

Hi,

I fitting one of these kits to my 2001 Avensis over the weekend and am suffering the exact same problem. Have you returned to system yet and had success? I'm about to do this with mine, but it's most annoying since I'd gone to the trouble of fitting it all in behind the dash, and even had the central console out to hide the wiring!

I've found with mine that the amount of time the systems works for is proportionate to the length of time the power has been off i.e. the longer without powe, the longer it works. Unfortunately 36 hours of power off only gave me 30 minutes of playback.....

Rich.

Hi slightly unrelated but i really need a guide of how to replace the front door Speakers on a yaris (reg '52) coz all the ones on here have links that dont work! If u can't host them or something then can someone please e-mail me one at goologamachuck@hotmail.com . Thanks, Chris

• 2 months later...

Hi,

this is my first post since fitting a Connects2 box to my '51 reg T Sport Head Unit. Like other members, I found that the system worked brilliantly for about 25 minutes and then the volume on the iPod, Radio and CD gradually reduced and then failed completely.

Could you more mechanically/electrically minded members please tell me what I should do???

Many Thanks,

Neil

I was thinking of looking for an Ipod adapter like this, for my Yaris but looking at the amount of pain fitting, failing, returning, refitting,etc... I think I'll stay with good ol' fashioned cd's. Already got the Toyota 6 disc indash player, so can play 7 discs without agro anyway! :P

Mine's worked fine for about 3 years! Never once had a problem!

Is the volume on the ipod set right?! Iv got a creative player, so dunno about ipod but can you switch it to line-out rather than a headphone signal?

It could be a duff box i suppose, but with so many seeming to have the problem, id guess it's more of a connection issue, no idea without looking though im afraid!

I had the exact same problem with my 2001 Avensis, I rang Connects2 and the said that since i have A factory sat nav, then it wont work!

But like everyone else says it worked fine for about 30mins, then cut sound of the whole unit, CD/ Radio the lot!

I'm looking into a FM Modulator instead.

I have just fitted a replacement Connects2 to my 51 reg T Sport and exactly the same thing happened.......about 30 minutes of perfect sound and then the whole audio system packed up. After removing the Connects2 box everything returned to normal. I am advising the eBay seller that he should complain to Connects2 and/or issue a warning that the box may not be compatible with all Yaris Head Units.

Cheers,

Neil :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links