Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cam Belt Broke

Gibbering Idiot

Hi... I've got a 1993 2.0 GTi 16v Celica with 124k on the clock. When I bought it I was told that the cam belt had been renewed... but... on saturday it snapped! :crybaby: I was just pulling off from traffic lights at the time and was only doing about 10 mph so has anyone any thoughts on how bad (or not so bad) the damage might be.... AND... what am I looking at repairwise?

Thanks.

Andy.

not so bad. Put on a new belt, and off you go!

Really...? Isn't there a problem with pistons hitting valves and stuff like that?

i could be wrong, but i dnt think i am,

u might be lucky

but if ur really unlucky then u have done some slight damage.

if u tried to start ur car up, or tried to start her up a few times then u might have screwed the car.

Best thing i can say is, hope ur really lucky, and if its messed up, then u can try Toyota celica breakers on 01579 383879

they are really good for parts, cheap and reliable.

i'm hoping u aint done any damage dude.

good luck.

Well you have a non-interference engine so chances of damage are minimal as stated. Don't worry too much and get it checked out, most likely all you'll need is a new belt :thumbsup:

ello m8 my cam belt snapped doing 120 a bolt form the cambelt cover came lose a sliced the belt just replace the belt and sprockets good as new. good non interference toyota engine :) :thumbsup:

Well you have a non-interference engine so chances of damage are minimal as stated. Don't worry too much and get it checked out, most likely all you'll need is a new belt :thumbsup:

I was just going to say that :thumbsup:

I was just going to say that :thumbsup:

Great minds and all that........ :) Hope you enjoying the MR2 :yahoo: :yahoo: