Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

chatman

Yep, the cheapest is not always the best. For example, make sure that your insurance company gives you the option of using a bodyshop of your choice rather than having to use the one that they want. I won’t bore you with my recent experiences but believe me going cheap could mean you could end up with your RAV being repaired by a real back street Mickey Mouse operation. I know!. The bottom line is that it was all about the insurance company saving themselves a few bob; the premium may be cheap but just make that they are not clawing back the money in some other way.

HI all

It does not matter who you are insured with,If your car is damaged you have the right to have it repaired using

genuine toyota parts, And you have the right to reject any substanded repairs.

basically it should be in the same condition it was pre accident. :thumbsup:

I agree with EANJOHN's statements, my son works in the parts department for a major car manufacturer and they don't have a bodyshop. They contract their work to a smaller subcontract firms and supply all the parts.

He also supplies alot of small garages with body and mechanical parts, as they don't want the hassle fitting panels which don't align with other panels, its more work for the panel beaters and the chance of the work being rejected by the customer.

With cheap Insurance you get what you pay for, Auto Express tell their readers to cut the price of your insurance, opt for higher excess, don't take extras like a courtesy car, breakdown cover, etc, etc.

My insurance company ZURICH offer all I have mentioned in my policy, that why I opted for a higher excess to lower the price.

Yep, the cheapest is not always the best. For example, make sure that your insurance company gives you the option of using a bodyshop of your choice rather than having to use the one that they want. I won’t bore you with my recent experiences but believe me going cheap could mean you could end up with your RAV being repaired by a real back street Mickey Mouse operation. I know!. The bottom line is that it was all about the insurance company saving themselves a few bob; the premium may be cheap but just make that they are not clawing back the money in some other way.

HI all

It does not matter who you are insured with,If your car is damaged you have the right to have it repaired using

genuine toyota parts, And you have the right to reject any substanded repairs.

basically it should be in the same condition it was pre accident. :thumbsup:

I agree with EANJOHN's statements, my son works in the parts department for a major car manufacturer and they don't have a bodyshop. They contract their work to a smaller subcontract firms and supply all the parts.

He also supplies alot of small garages with body and mechanical parts, as they don't want the hassle fitting panels which don't align with other panels, its more work for the panel beaters and the chance of the work being rejected by the customer.

With cheap Insurance you get what you pay for, Auto Express tell their readers to cut the price of your insurance, opt for higher excess, don't take extras like a courtesy car, breakdown cover, etc, etc.

My insurance company ZURICH offer all I have mentioned in my policy, that why I opted for a higher excess to lower the price.

• 2 weeks later...

OK had letter from current Insurance company this morning. (LV)...£481 to renew :blink: :blink: :lol: :lol: after I stopped chocking on my corn flakes....

Called them when I got to work and was told by nice lady that in fact it had gone up by £40 ;) ;) insurance costs etc hmmmmm

Any chance to look at reducing it...10% was all I got....HA so much for commitment.....

OK so tapped into their web site my details exactly same as current policy....and .................................................£299 :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Called back and after loooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg :yawn: :yawn: wait got through..................... and guess what?? they could not even get near my quote from their own web site.....it turns out that when us Jo Public gets a quote it's at a special rate.....the company bods cant match it....He got to £320....(I even upped my excess to £250)

Just some tips for those looking to renew insurance....never take first quote and shop around...even barter... When RAC runs out I will be getting next cover via Toyota magazine as they have a cracking offer if you join Club Toyota.......

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Interesting thread.

My wife and I are both have cars insured with Direct Line - have been with them for years (10+) ...

This year I tried pricing via their website before renewing and it was nearly £100 cheaper for me and £60 on her Focus - so rang renewal line - explained price variation and after a "chat" we got the renewal over the phone at the lower web price - same cover / same excess the lot - really pee'd me off but got a good result.

Well worth trying - though this year we intend changing insurer due to some DL issues we are currently experiencing with the Focus - but that is another story ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links