Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shock Absorber

amok2

Hi

quick question, my car needs a new front passenger side shock absorber, as garage said it was faulty (I had been getting bounce, and on acceleration, front suspension seemed to judder, and not 'settle' etc).

They are replacing this one, but I thought you have to replace the other side as well at the same time, even if not faulty?

(What causes shocks to get faulty (can potholes or speed bumps do it - it has onlt done 20000 miles, but bought it when one year old from toyota, so dont know previous use etc)

Thanks

the lovely smooth british roads are enough to make the shocks go. i had one go on a car and they suggested that both should be done, but i only replaced the one that broke and the car was fine

the lovely smooth british roads are enough to make the shocks go. i had one go on a car and they suggested that both should be done, but i only replaced the one that broke and the car was fine

On a previous car i had just the one replaced and found no problem for the next few years i owned it. Most garages do seem to want to replace pairs, but remain unconvinced it makes a material enough difference to run old with new to justify paying out to replace two.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links