Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport

T.F.F.

Dear friends and Toyota lovers. We (mom) still have Corolla hatchback (2003/1.6 A/T )

I like Toyota's quality both on production and service. So I want a new faster car.

T Sport looks good and fast. Price is avaible for me. Can anyone tell me about TSport about its + and - . Individual customer opinions are more important for me than opinions in car magazines. (esp High rpm torque and hp has any disadvantages?)

Best Regards and thanks in advance for your kind replies.

Welcome to the club matey, am sure you'll get a tonne of repsones but would imagine the +'s to far outweigh any of the negatives from a Toyota Forum :D

Hope the help will be useful although sounds as if you've pretty much made your mind up already :D

Hello!

The sudden leap of power at 6200RPM which theoretically speaking could be considered a disadvantage (as opposed to a smoother production of power) is actually lots of fun, and will keep you smiling. Very noticable with 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.

This 1.8L engine has been voted as the best engine within the 1.6 -1.9 range by some major techno magazine. Normally aspirated engines are a notion, a concept. They attract the most loyal and crazy fans.

It's fun on the track though not perfect, friendly on the roads. If your lines are clear and your handling smooth, you can drive real fast without VSC intervention.

The VSC will spoil your attempt to make the car oversteer when releasing the gas pedal in the middle of a squeaky curve, but it will keep you safe just as long as you don't overdo it. If you lose control of your car (may it never happen), it will violently slam the brakes at a very helpful sequence increasing your chances of regaining control. But it will not help you too much if you blast it at very sharp corners, where you get power understeer.

The brakes will stop you just a meter ahead of a Type R. (Type R: Aprx - 38 meters, TS: 39 meters at the 60-0 task.) this means GOOD brakes.

I love:

The power, the comfort, the design, the interior, the brakes, the sunroof, the sound of the engine, the seats (very comfortable), the optitrons, the quality at which it rides. :D

I don't really like:

The feeling you're sitting as high as in an SUV, though I got used to that. :(

The fact I can't travel at 3800-4000 rpm, due to an irritating engine hum. And it's at the most common traveling speed. :(

I've been as honest as possible. Good luck at your choice. :)

i haven't drove the CTS but the YTS is a fun car to drive..

You should only buy a Corolla/CTS if you do not mind of vibration noises from the dashboard. This car is really a failure in interior contrsuction quality, it goes back 20 years.

I have been for second time in the main Greek dealer and they have not eliminated the noise. They just screwed the radio a little bit upwards!

Buy a Corolla/CTS only if you are going to drive on perfectly smooth streets!

Dear T.F.F

About a month ago I'm a verry happy and pleased owner of a CTS.

I don't know if I'm lucky or just because the car was manufactured after the 03/2003. There are no starnge noises or vibrations even at about 130~140 Km/h (the rpms that vibrasions or noises are appearing). I have driven the car for a small distance to be honest at a dirt raod with terrible surface with low speed about 10~20 Km/h and no noises at all.Doors close with a nice sound no leak from the sunroof. The car is very comfrtable for trips and driving at legal speed limits for Greece 120 km/h + 10~20 km/h some times (at night usuallu to avoid police radars) my fuel consumption is about 7.5l/100km with clima sometimes and not always on the highway.Some trips done with 4 people in the car.

Hello!

The sudden leap of power at 6200RPM which theoretically speaking could be considered a disadvantage (as opposed to a smoother production of power) is actually lots of fun, and will keep you smiling. Very noticable with 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.

This 1.8L engine has been voted as the best engine within the 1.6 -1.9 range by some major techno magazine. Normally aspirated engines are a notion, a concept. They attract the most loyal and crazy fans.

It's fun on the track though not perfect, friendly on the roads. If your lines are clear and your handling smooth, you can drive real fast without VSC intervention.

The VSC will spoil your attempt to make the car oversteer when releasing the gas pedal in the middle of a squeaky curve, but it will keep you safe just as long as you don't overdo it. If you lose control of your car (may it never happen), it will violently slam the brakes at a very helpful sequence increasing your chances of regaining control. But it will not help you too much if you blast it at very sharp corners, where you get power understeer.

The brakes will stop you just a meter ahead of a Type R. (Type R: Aprx - 38 meters, TS: 39 meters at the 60-0 task.) this means GOOD brakes.

I love:

The power, the comfort, the design, the interior, the brakes, the sunroof, the sound of the engine, the seats (very comfortable), the optitrons, the quality at which it rides. :D

I don't really like:

The feeling you're sitting as high as in an SUV, though I got used to that. :(

The fact I can't travel at 3800-4000 rpm, due to an irritating engine hum. And it's at the most common traveling speed. :(

I've been as honest as possible. Good luck at your choice. :)

Dear Friend;

Thank you for your long answer. In Turkish magazine (AutoShow, Licensed from AutoBild Germany) explain the brake distances 37meters both TypeR and Ts.

Some friends had noise problem but the 1.6 110HP version have not any noise at all rpms.

And I want to ask another matter, most of the Ts drivers modified their vehicles with TTE products. Could you please tell me the cost of the modification of

- Lower suspension (Coil + Spring + any additional parts?)

-Body kit.

See you!

Hi TFF.

Sorry, I can't help you with TTE parts. There are people in here who know alot, I'm sure someone will help you out. Rumor has it that TTE springs are basically Eibach. If it's true that could save you some money...

Rumor has it that TTE springs are basically Eibach.

That is correct!

PS: Easily fitted in Greece from any authirized dealer (without voiding the warranty)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links