Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bov Advice

A2k00

Ive been advised by a few people that fitting an atmospheric BOV on an st185 can make it drink fule as it messes up the A/F ratio? Please can you advise as i have no idea, I want to fit an HKS SSQV, Is this an atmospheric BOV and is there any advice on fitting on how to avoid it causing a problem??

Yes the SSQV is an atmospheric BOV. you can get a re-circ kit for them, but then would lose some of the sound.

I think its more luck of the draw as to whether the car doesn't like it?

Yes the SSQV is an atmospheric BOV. you can get a re-circ kit for them, but then would lose some of the sound.

Any advice for fitting?? or What to do to make sure it doesnt interfear??? Im not very machanicly minded so any advice would help, Also what are the differenct types of BOV and what do they do differently??

ask daktari he fitted 1 to his 185.

ask daktari he fitted 1 to his 185.

Oooh... How very dare you.. :crybaby: My baby has a Blitz DV. :yahoo: Vastly superior. :lol::lol:

i meant a dump valve - so touchy these gt4 fellas. :D

i meant a dump valve - so touchy these gt4 fellas. :D

You should know. :P :lol:

I have a baileys evo , dont have any problems at all, although i do get really ****ty GAs milage, but i think that is to do with 1.1 bar and aheavy right foot!

Any advice for fitting?? or What to do to make sure it doesnt interfear??? Im not very machanicly minded so any advice would help, Also what are the differenct types of BOV and what do they do differently??

The SSQV is more of the performance dump vale i think, it dumps the gass in stages thuss not wasiting all the puresshre wile driving "hard" If u lissan to most race cars with turbos this is the BoV of choise.