Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil In Turbine Pipes

lofty1067

hi looked further into reason for smoky lucida this morning. thought it might have been a mis timed diesel pump, but on removing turbine pipes they are coated with engine oil also removed the one which goes to inlet manifold the pipe and butterfly valve were also coated with engine oil. i looked at the turbo there is a braded hose coming to part of it which i traced to the oil pump this is fed to the turbo next to the turbine part (i think). could it be that an oil seal has perished/ split and is allowing oil to the turbine and hence the intake system if so what can i do or is it a new turbo and piping and intercooler as it is all coated inoil. thanks for any help neil.

could well be an oil seal, i,d clean it all up and give it a week and take another look , you do get some oil into the turbo , but mostly like 'SWEAT' rather than oil itself.

if its that bad id think boom time is around the corner.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to say, could be from the breather system.. worn piston rings causing blow black could cause this...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links