Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pinking

samsite999

Hi all

Sorry i have another question for you. Pinking. I have took my dad out for a drive today to ask his opinion (he is a old hand at this stuff)

When the car is cold it pulls much better than when its warm, it makes no pinking noise.

after inspection of the plugs my dad said its running to lean at the moment. under heavy load and only at a serton spot on the rev band the engen will pink. like when im in 4rth gear pulling away when i should probably be in 3rd

is there any manual adjustment that i can make to how lean/rich the car is running?

Thanks in advance

Sam

Make sure your timing is set correctly.

see:

http://mr2.noegruts.com/ignition/timing.htm

There is no adjustment for mixture settings as such. For this and most modern cars it is set by the car's ECU and Oxygen sensor.

There's no reason your car should be running lean mate. Especially as it's a non turbo.

Check the injectors, fuel pump etc?

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought mine a few months ago, I filled it up on normal unleaded and it soundeds really rough. Then put the Shell v power in the next time and she has run sweet as can be ever since.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links