Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Alarm Quote

demon-speeding

Hi Guys,

As my car didn't have a factory fitted alarm I have decided to get one fitted. I know that you can do it yourself but I remember seeing pictures of someone fitting one before and it looked like a complete nightmare. So I got a quote for £330 including fitting for a Cat 1 Hornet Maxx 1 with the additional modules to close the windows and fold in the mirrors on arming. It sounds reasonable to me but I don't know anyone that's had an alarm fitted so I just wanted to check I wasn't getting shafted, what do you think?

Doesn't sound too bad.

Had a Clifford Concept 600 fitted when i had the Yaris, Cat 1, window closure, remote headlights, remote boot release, proximity sensors, 2 extra immobalisers, tilt sensors and remote engine start - cost £1000!!! :wacko:

Best bit is it's all now sat in a box waiting to go in the CTS!!

Weigh up the cost versus how much the car is worth and how much insurance will be cheaper. I've got a UK Celica so it's got the alarm as standard - I wish it wasn't there!

I guess it depends partly on the area you park in

Weigh up the cost versus how much the car is worth and how much insurance will be cheaper. I've got a UK Celica so it's got the alarm as standard - I wish it wasn't there!

I guess it depends partly on the area you park in

Well I park on a gated drive in the middle of nowhere so I'm not that worried about it getting nicked at home but I do park in quite dodgy places from time to time. The problem is that the insurance company and I assumed it had an alarm so they insured it with one. Then a few months later they asked for the certificate which I obviously don't have. So it's currently not covered for theft at all, which scares the **** out of me.

So I guess I'll go for it then. Besides the central locking button only works on my fob intermittently anyway, lol. Cheers.

insurance companies should have their own brand of alarm imobilzer fitted to our cars for paying them huge ammounts of premiums.

im on my 2nd import and each time i had to have a cat 1 alarm immob fitted , costing me in excess of 500 quid. Just to make their risk of paying out even less - yet another example of how we get shafted.

yet another example of how we get shafted.

Yeah too right - I got one fitted and they knocked 7 quid off my annual premium - take the ***** or what

Well I had the alarm fitted yesterday and I was very impressed with the job he did. I had been having visions of stress marks on all the interior trim or bits not fitted back correctly. It took him about five and a half hours all in and he did a top job. The guy's called Andy and he works for Electrifying Touch, definitely recommended if you need an alarm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links