Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Powered By A Mr2 Turbo Engine

Joel13

hopefully they'll get rid of that vile bonnet seeing as they wont need the air intake.

being redline i'd assume they'll leave it , add some mesh and put some neon washer jets on it instead.

Have asked my mate to keep an eye to see the progress on this.

hopefully they will make it look better........................would be a shame if they ruined it

Have asked my mate to keep an eye to see the progress on this.

hopefully they will make it look better........................would be a shame if they ruined it

What you mean, IF?!

Let's make a fast Yaris....hmmm...lets start by adding massive body kit to weigh it down, then add masive wheels to slow it down....GREAT PLAN!

Looks awfulm would love to drive it tho, i like the standard wing mirrors and the carbon bonnet!

Thats about it lol

what a pity they haven't done it all them selves!

i seem to remember a yaris on eBay with a rear mounted engine!!

plus i bet they've used the rev2 lump.

to be fair the rear arches are probably necessary to fit the whole lot in and cover the increased track

• 2 weeks later...

what happend to the MR2 that the engine came from?

• 2 months later...
what happend to the MR2 that the engine came from?

S'now got a powerful 1L Yaris lump in!

MY-MY how it will fly!

Well, perhaps move.. Just!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I believe it was scrapped in Japan.

The really nice way to handle this project were to leave it looking as stock as possible. Just tint the rear windows to conceal the engine and add some really descreet air intakes... Would have made one hell of a sleeper.

Yes, but they didn't . the outcome is horrible. All swoopy, lumpy rubbish. And yes, the people from Redline have read my significantly more scathing comments elsewhere.

A

hmmmm i cannt say i like the looks but gotta admire the work they must ave put into getting that engine in it

wonder how the car will cope with 300bhp? with the engine being in the bak aswell :S handling will probs be gash

wonder how the car will cope with 300bhp? with the engine being in the bak aswell :S handling will probs be gash

It's not the first car to have the 3S-GTE engine mounted between the rear wheels you know? Yes, it could be gash, but if they've put the work in to get the suspension right, I think it could be very good.

Saw it at TOTB and again at Santa Pod the following week; looked very well put together. It wasn't racing I hasten to add, but I wouldn't mind seeing what times it'll do when it's finished.

It's not the first car to have the 3S-GTE engine mounted between the rear wheels you know? Yes, it could be gash, but if they've put the work in to get the suspension right, I think it could be very good.

Saw it at TOTB and again at Santa Pod the following week; looked very well put together. It wasn't racing I hasten to add, but I wouldn't mind seeing what times it'll do when it's finished.

Yes i saw it at TOTB too, it looked well put together,the conversion has been done properly.

It's not to my personal taste,

However in the hands of a proper tuning company it will fly, and put in some good times.

if they drop some of the tasteless plastic that is stuck onto it ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links