Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xt5 - Cruise Information Display ?

Clive XT5

According to the handbook the cruise information display indicates 1) Average fuel consumption 2)Instataneous fuel consumption 3) Average speed. Access to this info is through the audio control buttons.

My 2005 XT5 has Sat Nav and different audio buttons to those examples shown in the manual. Is this feature not available on my model, or is it in there somewhere and I can't find it ??

Clive,

It's one of the buttons sticking out of the dials (can't remember which one).

Just press in to scroll through the above features you mentioned. I know, it's a weird place to have it and not exactly a safe place when you are driving as you have to put your arm through the steering wheel to access it :wacko:

Yes, on the current 4.3 model, it's the right hand button, next to the display.

Not sure if it's the same in the 4.2?

Hi,

Sounds like you have a 4.2 model, but one of the rare XT5's which came standard with Sat Nav.

The audio controls are for the models that have a CD/Radio with a monochrome display (in place of the Sat Nav on your car), this does have a button that allows the displays that you've mentioned to be shown in place of, say, the radio station you are tuned into etc.

My neighbours had a 4.2 XT5 when I had a 4.2 XT-R and as much as I coveted the Sat Nav, I did think it was odd not to be able to get this info on the higher spec car, when it was available on mine. :wacko:

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

According to the handbook the cruise information display indicates 1) Average fuel consumption 2)Instataneous fuel consumption 3) Average speed. Access to this info is through the audio control buttons.

My 2005 XT5 has Sat Nav and different audio buttons to those examples shown in the manual. Is this feature not available on my model, or is it in there somewhere and I can't find it ??

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your replies it looks like you have given me the answer. It seems that the 4.3 has got this feature available on all specs and on the 4.2 it is available on all but the XT5 !! As Paul pointed out this does see a bit strange when the higher spec. doesn't have what I consider to be a useful bit of equipment that is standard on the others in the 4.2 range.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links