Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner Estima Lucida

moggies61

hi everyone, just bought a k reg estima lucida in very good condition, but the last owner did not have a clue about controls etc. I need some help from out there please. first the cigar lighter does not work there apears to be no power, have checked the fuse and is ok. need this for my navigator so how do i get this out. next thing there is a radio in which basically is as old as the hills. it is a blaukpoint windsor sqr 38 and only the nearside front or the offside rear speaker will work, there looks to be a speaker in the boot area, just 1 if it is a speaker. is this a standard radio or has it been fitted since new. will I be able to install a normal single cd radio in its place? Lastly i don't seem to be able to get the air con to work, the light comes on when the switch is pressed but that seems to be all. any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks nick :help:

hi everyone, just bought a k reg estima lucida in very good condition, but the last owner did not have a clue about controls etc. I need some help from out there please. first the cigar lighter does not work there apears to be no power, have checked the fuse and is ok. need this for my navigator so how do i get this out. next thing there is a radio in which basically is as old as the hills. it is a blaukpoint windsor sqr 38 and only the nearside front or the offside rear speaker will work, there looks to be a speaker in the boot area, just 1 if it is a speaker. is this a standard radio or has it been fitted since new. will I be able to install a normal single cd radio in its place? Lastly i don't seem to be able to get the air con to work, the light comes on when the switch is pressed but that seems to be all. any help would be greatly appreciated

hi,i had same sort of probs aswell,i bought some speaker wire and rewired the 4 Speakers.i put a new radio in i had no probs what so ever.air con might need boosting,have a chat with kwik fit,im sure they have a offer on at the minute,good luck

hi,i had same sort of probs aswell,i bought some speaker wire and rewired the 4 Speakers.i put a new radio in i had no probs what so ever.air con might need boosting,have a chat with kwik fit,im sure they have a offer on at the minute,good luck

thanks ***** will try them i thought it might be something simple, no ideas on how to get at the cigar lighter then?

nick

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding your cigarette lighter. You say you have established that there is power how have you done this, with a voltmeter? If indeed with the ignition either on or on ACC you register 12V between the centre terminal and the ground sides then it may well be working. Have you tried the actual light unit itself to se if it gets hot. Have you considered that it could be either your nav unit or the plug on your nav unit. If indeed your nav unit works fine in another car then also check for the possibility of a bad connection on the centre terminal of the cigar lighter socket which can sometimes occur due to coating with cigarette ash. Take it out and give it a really good clean with some emery paper. Don't fiddle about with it in situ incase you short something out unless you disconnect the Battery first. Also check the fuse, whilst unlikely it is possible to pick up a voltage with broken circuit. Voltage just indicates the presence of a potential difference, whilst in order for a circuit to actually be complete you need current flow. Potential difference can exist in a broken circuit but current flow cannot. If the fuse looks ok check for continuity between the earth of the lighter socket and another earth reference point of the car.

It is just a process of elimination and common sense. However if you have no practical electrical or electronics experience and don't have the acumen for it then take it to someone who does. Else a simple task can have the potential to become expensive.

Propnut

Regarding your cigarette lighter. You say you have established that there is power how have you done this, with a voltmeter? If indeed with the ignition either on or on ACC you register 12V between the centre terminal and the ground sides then it may well be working. Have you tried the actual light unit itself to se if it gets hot. Have you considered that it could be either your nav unit or the plug on your nav unit. If indeed your nav unit works fine in another car then also check for the possibility of a bad connection on the centre terminal of the cigar lighter socket which can sometimes occur due to coating with cigarette ash. Take it out and give it a really good clean with some emery paper. Don't fiddle about with it in situ incase you short something out unless you disconnect the battery first. Also check the fuse, whilst unlikely it is possible to pick up a voltage with broken circuit. Voltage just indicates the presence of a potential difference, whilst in order for a circuit to actually be complete you need current flow. Potential difference can exist in a broken circuit but current flow cannot. If the fuse looks ok check for continuity between the earth of the lighter socket and another earth reference point of the car.

It is just a process of elimination and common sense. However if you have no practical electrical or electronics experience and don't have the acumen for it then take it to someone who does. Else a simple task can have the potential to become expensive.

Propnut

thanks propnut but the problem i had was how to get at it. managed to get the whole assembly out and the lighter had a solder ling which had melted, all sorted now