Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Dont Know What Happened

ferrariboyuk

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Looks like you were unlucky there (although looks like speed may have had a part to play :P, but we all do it from time to time).

Hope it gets fixed up nicely for you :thumbsup:.

The car "went mad and slipped into a post"???

:oops:

Do you really think we are that stupid?

I'd have more respect for you if you told us what really happened...

:thumbsup:

bad wording. Apologies. When i say mad i mean it lost grip and i couldn;t do anything.

That is a bit harsh TVOR...............................Dom did say that he had not been well for 3 weeks and that may well have contributed.

He simply made a misjudgement and paid the price for it.

Thanks red yaris. Gratefull for your support. :)

:ermm: Any chance we can get back to the topic as it was guys :lol:

play nice :fishyface:

You never know he may come back with more information on what happened to him,

with all the rain we have been having and still are having:crybaby: the roads are very slippy at the moment.

Ferrariboy -

That looks nasty, i feel for you and i'm glad you did not get hurt.

Please get it repaired properly as the sill is part of the safety of the car,

if something else happened and you had another accident in that area it would just collaspe if not repaired properly.

Hope your feeling better too.

kim x

Dont worry. i wont be covering it up with a new skirt. I go crazy when a speck of dust hits my car. No way could I live with that.

As red yaris said. I made a misjudgement. Caused buy not being well and yes it had rained for the first time in ages so was slippery. But no i wasn't going fast. It was in a fourty but has some funny bends. New tyres as well which act differently. But if i had a clear state of mind and could breath normal it wouldn't have happened.

it lost grip

I made a misjudgement.

it had rained

was slippery.

It was in a fourty but has some funny bends.

New tyres as well which act differently.

There you go... Better than "The car went mad and slipped into a post" Now we are getting nearer the truth :thumbsup:

The underlying factor with all those points is?

SPEED!

request that you are not so judgemental of our member when he is obviously rather upset by what happened to his car.

but for the time being I feel that your remarks are out of order,

This place is going to be a right bundle of laughs now isn’t it? :angry:

If I want to judge a comment or photograph then I will. If people don’t want opinions or comments then don’t post pictures on the internet. Not everyone (especially me) goes with the crowd.

If I don’t like something or smell a rat then I will say so :thumbsup:

My remarks are not out of order and haven’t breeched any rules on the TOC, that is just your perception and opinion which I’m sure would have been different last week before your newly appointed promotion...

:boxing:

New tyres and slippery roads, shame! Unlucky dude get it fixed soon so you can polish it again :P

If your suggesting i was speeding then you are wrong. I dont speed. A couple of people i know finds it amusing how i stick tight to the speed limits.

I see your quote missed a vital part..

'But if i had a clear state of mind and could breath normal it wouldn't have happened.'

I dont know if your intention is to screw me over or make me feel worse but you might as well stop now. Nothing can make me feel worse. I just came back from the doctors after a month of misery and it looks like i have to endure another how manys weeks of misery. Add my car to the equation and i feel like i'm stuck in a ditch that i cant get out off.

Time for my tuppence worth - as per usual. :thumbsup:

Dom - I'm sorry for whats happened to you, seems from what you've said that there was nothing you could have done.... don't kick yourself about it mate. It happens to us all from time to time. Don't let some ill-informed comments on a forum get you down. All the best to you mate, hope you get it sorted! :thumbsup:

TVOR - Being the valued member that you are, your comments are always appreciated, you always bring a very different POV across. I don't however condone your lack of tact. None of us are here to judge, who are we to judge? None of us are perfect drivers and anyone who says they are is talking poop, I'm sure even Lewis Hamilton has his off days. The fact of the matter is, you cannot prove he was speeding, you are assuming this fact. And you know what they say about assuming things.... ;) You can lose grip in wet weather at any speed. :yes:

All - Personal attacks on people are not tolerated. Feel free to voice your opinions, but don't start turning this into a slanging match otherwise it will be closed, which at the end of the day will not help Dom and his situation.

If your suggesting i was speeding then you are wrong. I dont speed. A couple of people i know finds it amusing how i stick tight to the speed limits.

I see your quote missed a vital part..

'But if i had a clear state of mind and could breath normal it wouldn't have happened.'

I dont know if your intention is to screw me over or make me feel worse but you might as well stop now. Nothing can make me feel worse. I just came back from the doctors after a month of misery and it looks like i have to endure another how manys weeks of misery. Add my car to the equation and i feel like i'm stuck in a ditch that i cant get out off.

i bashed my car a few months ago so i know how you feel :( especially when its your pride and joy

try not to let people get you down :) i thought the idea of these forums are for us to support each other not kick people down when they,ve had a run of bad luck.

i,m sure you,ll feel a lot better when your car gets sorted :thumbsup: let us know how you get on ;)

I didn’t say you were speeding! My point is the underlying factor to the reasons you had a bump could be speed...

It lost grip (speed could be a factor... I’m not suggesting you were speeding)

I made a misjudgment (anyone can do that)

It had rained (speed could be a factor, loss of traction maybe going a little too fast for the road conditions?)

Was slippery (As above)

It was in a forty but has some funny bends (not knowing the road layout and giving your self time to react, again speed could be a factor)

New tyres as well which act differently (need at least 100 miles to bed in)

I have no intention to screw you over as you put it, and I’m gutted for you as I know I would be if I bent my car.

I’m just reacting to the original post of seeing your pictures and reading:

“The car just went mad and slipped into a post”

Now I know more of what happened I can now have some sort of sympathy for you without over active Mods jumping down my throat.

:thumbsup:

the whole point of this thread has been lost :|

will a mod jst delete all the rubbish in this thread to stop it developing ferther in to a problem

look a bloke crashed his car and is of ill health a little bit of respect and simpathy please

we are all on this forum because of something we share in common so splitting it in to us and them isnt a very good idea

People didn't say you were speeding as such, but you were going to fast for the conditions, if not it wouldn't have happened, those conditions include the wet, the bends, your mental state (ie. being ill) etc.

However we all drive too fast for the conditions sometimes, so I hope you have better luck next time. :thumbsup:

It was becuase of my mental state that prob lead me to not braking in time. I was a slight S bend approaching a roundabout. I drive on the road all the time.

But anyway, lets get back to getting it sorted. Keep wrenching up what happened isn;t really helping me. :unsure:

Theres a place called DWS bodyworks that seems ok. The website anyway, but dont judge a book by its cover. Blue mentioned it. I have seen their courtesy cars about.

It was becuase of my mental state that prob lead me to not braking in time. I was a slight S bend approaching a roundabout.

I thank you! :thumbsup:

Anyway, to be honest the damage doesn’t look too bad. The door may need replacing or even a new skin (do they still do that?)

Structurally the car IMO is looks sound and a decent work shop will repair it as good as new.

Once again a Yaris has took a beating on behalf of its owner, but this one will live to fight another day :toast:

The door may need replacing or even a new skin (do they still do that?)

Structurally the car IMO is looks sound and a decent work shop will repair it as good as new.

New skin? Good point. Is that possible anyone know? It may help towards me not getting ripped off. :sneaky2:

--------

but this one will live to fight another day :toast:

hear hear :cheers:

Yeah they do still do door skins (well not at toyota) but wouldnt look to grand if your a clean freak!

would it not? Whole new door it is then.

What exactly is meant by a skin? Our previa is double skined. This the same sort of thing?

Could i be cheeky and save money by talking the interior door trim off and putting it all back on myself?

I'd take a look down a couple of breakers yard, may be a door there in good nick, only think is, as it's thunder grey you wouldn't able to put any other model of yaris door in the same colour on, so it would be a long shot to find one.

My estimate has finally come through this morning from lookers despite seeing them on thursday. For some reason they have put me down as having a yaris gs. :wacko: Do these people not know the difference lol

Anyway it states the following:

Renewal of the following parts/panels:

L/F door

L/F Inner cover

L/ Door Mirror

L/R Inner cover

L/Sill mounlding

B-Billar L/Still pnl

NSR Stone decals

Sound pad x2

Special Bolts/clips

Repair Work required on the following parts/panels:

L/R door (Dont know how its happened but the is a small dent on this door and the paint has cracked - about the size of a 50p)

Associated work required:

Check and clean car

Corrosion prote to 2 panels

Parts requiring painting

L/F Door

L/Door Mirror

L/F Wing

L/Sill panel

L/Sill moulding

DE NIB

B-Pillar L/sill pnl

L/r door

Machine polish

Labour £858.00 Paint £280.96

Parts £570.36 Misc £10.00

TOTAL: 1719.32

I'm a bit confused though. :wacko:

What do they mean by sound pad x2, B-pillar L/still pnl and DE NIB?

It says they are going to repaint the front wing....... so is the B pillar the rear wing where the petrol cap is? Is this strickly necessary? Blending it in wont be to hard will it? the car is only 2 yrs old and has one millions coats of wax on it.

I'm going to another place today for a second quote so comparison will be interesting.

DOM

they normally have to blend colour in all the way along car otherwise if they only painted the doors they might stick out like a polo harlequin as the shade might be slightly different and 2 years might still have faded slightly, also new paint always looks darker when first sprayed onto car, so blending is better than direct lines.thunder grey is a hard colour to match aswell believe me i had one :blink:

Whats the excess like on your insurance? Comparitively it may be cheaper to go via that route :blink:

im with the angel on this one, thats why we pay for insurance and always try to get your no claims protected aswell as this can save you any big hikes in any claims that you might have to make.

I took my car to DWS bodyworks today. Assumptions are pretty good from the website though it does looks a little too perfect - a bit staged lol.

Anyway i dont know whether to laugh or cry. Firstly they asked private or insurance. Once i said they told me they have to charge £15 + VAT for private quotes. So i went and thought about it because i found it unreal that they want to charge me, seemed a little fishy <_< :fishyface: . 5 mins later i went back for the quote and....... wait for it.... £3,315.40 :jawdrop::sick: Have i got mug written on my head? :angry2: :chair:

They seem to be dragging it out as much as they can. L/R W-arch Prot foil? What the hell????!!! Theres nothing wrong with my wheel arch apart from its too clean. Also mentions left A-pillar, seam sealer, door frame seal bla bla. Under labour repair details it mentions bonnet, rear bumper, left tail lamp.

Cost £17 and looks like they have mugged me off.

Might also add that both garages have failed to note that my car is a TSport. I've been put down as having a GS and a TSpirit. Is that a problem? The DWS man came to me and asked if it was a diesal!!!!!!!! He had no trace of a 5 door TS on the computer.

Also, a third garage spoke of the sills being in 3 parts. Is that correct? He didn;t really speak of welding on a new sill. Anyone shed any light?

And thanks for all your help so far. I'm gratefull.

DOM

Don’t give up.

I would keep taking it to different places for quotes until you are happy and get the right vibe.

You will know which place to use when you get there. Don’t settle for second best, a T Sport deserves better :thumbsup:

If you are looking at thousends, even if you do lose some no-claims, as the others have said, it may well be cheaper. The insurance may not go up as much as you think, they take note of years driving and age as well, so get a quote on the new insurance premium, and see what it's like. I know if my parents took their no-claims off, it would make next to no difference.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links