Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Of These Mobiles Should I Get And Why?

Fizz

Which Of These Mobiles Should I Get And Why?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which Of These Mobiles Should I Get And Why?

• Nokia N76
    • Nokia N73
    • Nokia 5500
    • Samsung i520
    • Samsung U700
    • Samsung F300
    • Samsung W850i
    • Sony Ericsson W880i

My contract is up at the end of the month so looking to get a new one from this list...

Which one have you had experience with and specificly which ones have you had issues with?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Nokia N76

n76.jpg

Nokia N73

Nokia%20N73%20red.jpg

Nokia 5500

nokia_5500_bg.jpg

Here is an interesting test about this phone as well i found.. lol

http://www.about-nokia.com/blog/index.php?itemid=373

Samsung i520

samsung_i520.jpg

Samsung U700

SamsungU700registrationimg.gif

Samsung F300

samsung-f300.jpg

Samsung W850i

SEw850i%20black.jpg

Sony Ericsson W880i

sony-ericsson-w880i-combo.jpg

shutup you... i was trying to fix my thread before posting it... :rolleyes: :P

;)

If it makes phone calls it does me... I have a Samsung U600 (I think it's a 600 anyway) It's very similar to the picture of the 700 above.. good phone, large clear screen, I have had no problems with it at all.. unlike a Nokia that I had where the screen would break if a feather hit it.

*note to Fizz... preview before posting :lol:*

I had to edit this :lol::oops:

Edited by cfc1

880i is a great all rounder , cant complain love it .

I personally dont believe sony ericsson can be touched .

Nokia N73, its a good all round 3G fone with 2 way conference camera's.

Check out my N71,

nokia-n71-combo.jpg

I only use Nokia's BTW!

Fizz,

Missus has the N73, i have an N95, both fantastic phones and not had any software problems like have been reported before with both these phones, seems to be ok and we are both big air and text time uses. just my opinion though = but i would try and wangle for an N95 :yahoo:

I've got a Nokia N73 & it has good & bad points. The camera is brilliant & you can get things such as Sat Nav on it (looks like you need a degree in mobile phone & computer programming to figure it out though, I still haven't set mine up yet) & the screen is quite big & you can get a 2gb memory card for £20-£30 which should last for ages depending on how much you use it obviously.

Bad points are it's quite slow, I've got animated gifs of footy players doing skill & celebrating & things like that & they're painstakingly slow, it also seems quite complicated but I've been using a Nokia 8310 for years & this has so many more features so that's probably just me. The Battery also seems poor & it doesn't really give you much warning before it dies, probably because it's got a blue light that constantly flashes about every 3 seconds which you may be able to switch off but I've never figured it out.

I haven't got any experience with the others but that's what I think about the N73 anyway

+1 for N73. Best phone i've had. Mainly because of the brilliant camera and the huuuuuuge amount of software out there to download. SonyEricssons are too basic, as are samsungs.

Mate at work has U600, it looks nice but has broken twice and doesn't do very much.

it's got a blue light that constantly flashes about every 3 seconds which you may be able to switch off but I've never figured it out.

phone settings, standby mode..

The blue flashing light used to drive me mad on the girlfriends N80!

W880i.... because thats what I'll be upgrading to and my sense of phone style is pretty cool.... :lol:

W880i.... because thats what I'll be upgrading to and my sense of phone style is pretty cool.... :lol:

Another SE fan here to :thumbsup:

Never let me down ......

Has to be said.. i am a bit of a SE and Samsung fan...

I have boxed up at the moment a P800, D500, E710, W810i and also used to have a T68i. Now on another forum someone has brought to my attention a new SE K850 phone which is due out soon... looks very nice so might hold out for it... :drool:

gsmarena_004.jpg

Depends what you want the phone to do Fizz.

J

Too true matey... just had a look and found out more about the K850... and man it looks impressive with a 5.0 Mega Pixel camera.. :)

Happy with my N73, and thanks to this thread I have found out how to turn the flashy light off. Its not annoying but I dont see the point.

Anyway should be getting the navicore software at the end of the month that turns my N73 into a personal GPS, then I will get it all in the car.

Mint

I think I'm going to order a U600 this week, 3.2MP camera and sooo thin. (They are pretty much the same as the U700, but slightly thinner without 3G, although aparently the U700 doesnt have an FM radio)

Does anyone actually realise that any cameras over 3 mega pixel are a waste of time and memory unless you are planning on printing something out at A1 size???!

Quick Question then Guys seeing as we all so knowlegdeable on these mobile phone things

with the N73 - if i down load the software does it make the phone into a personal GPS or is it a satnav system? :blink:

confused you will be!!!!!!

a bit off topic but dose anyone know when the sonyericsson k850 will be coming out

cheers

a bit off topic but dose anyone know when the sonyericsson k850 will be coming out

cheers

it aint off topic as i was the one who rasied it.. lol

Think is due out in the last 1/3 of the year.. i might have to wait till it comes out before changing in that case.. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links