Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of A Career Change

Hou

Currently I'm working in accounts, I have one accounting qualification (aat) but if im honest the work bores me and has for a long while. Never really enjoyed my job and the problem with that is lack of job satisfaction and drive.

Been thinking about trying to get into a sales role, ie field sales or account executive route. The basic is around what I currently earn but theres the bonus of on target earnings and these pushing me on and driving me

Is anyone in a similar role?

I think there are plenty of people in a similar position as you - just not happy at work !

However, you're in a good position to make a change and try something else. You're not married, no dependants/mortgage etc that need consideration. If you can try something you think will offer more then surely you should go for it, or not and regret it 10 years later !

Yes go for it or you will definally regret it 10 years down the line when you have a wife who is nagging and a vectra!! :P

Currently I'm working in accounts, I have one accounting qualification (aat)

Hou, any pointers for my Drafting Financial Statements exam tomorrow?!

Must say i've had similar thoughts about trying a different route.

Unfortunatley i've got my mortgage and kids to think about!

if you can try something else for the same cash go for it!!

You've always got accounts to fall back on.

DFS? errr trying to remember that one, make sure you know how to do trial balances, waffle waffle waffle and take a calculator!

do my job :D i pointed a camera, filmed some, got very drunk and had free drinks and got paid £34 an hour for it

Male stripper?

You looked smashing in that hat and black bag combo at last year's JAE... :D

I would say I'll swap you honey... but accounting etc doesnt float my boat... I am after something different too at the moment, but I dont know what I ca do without losing on the financial side of things :(