Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who has the highest mileage avensis?

mark.wallace@mawallace1.d

I was wondering? I have a 2.0 VVti Avensis and wondered how many miles of "trobule free motoring" you could expect from it.

Would one be able to acheive 150.000 miles before engine / gearbox problems etc.?

Anyone wishes to pitch for the highest Avensis award?

Seems a bit odd to have a competition as there are so many variables to account for, how hard a life has itr had, how well looked after etc, etc, if looked after 150k should be no problems, there's a guy oput there with a Volvo P1600 with over 2,000,000 genuine miles on it still running on the original engine as it has been looked after that well !

I agree. 150k is absolutely nothing these days. My last 2 cars did 440k, then 205k respectively before selling them with no engine or gearbox problems. Two main reasons wre treating the car with respect (gentle warm up, moderate acceleration), and most importantly regular oil and filter changes - cheapest insurance there is. Also if you regulaly check the car, small faults are often discovered before they become major ones. And as this forum proves, buying a car with top build quality - only Merc and Toyota are in the top league (ask any AA or RAC man)

My local Toyota dealer reckons there will be very few problems with my 1762cc Carina E engine before 175,000 - 200,000 and I asked about the Avensis. He reckons it is just as good on a VVTi and should be just as bomb proof. Good luck with the Avensis!!!

What mileage is the Avensis at at the moment - was it bought new or ex fleet etc? Does it seem looked after if you bought it used? A great car though - what do you think of the new one?

50,000 miles at the moment from dealer.

Well looked after.

Not too sure what to think to the new style!:)

• 2 years later...
Seems a bit odd to have a competition as there are so many variables to account for, how hard a life has itr had, how well looked after etc, etc, if looked after 150k should be no problems, there's a guy oput there with a Volvo P1600 with over 2,000,000 genuine miles on it still running on the original engine as it has been looked after that well !

Just to let you know, that Volvo was a p1800. I am a Volvo enthusiast and I registered just to make sure it was all clear - I have a Volvo 850 with 209K miles.. same engine as well; perhaps one day I can break the million mile point.. :yes:

I am thrilled that you Toyota guys know about that car.. it is amazing, though not as pretty as the p1600.. in my opinion..

Very very very very very old post being dug up :huh::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links