Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5dr Aygo Blue On Order

JON.XL

Hello to all

We are rejoining the toyota fold with a new Aygo after a year away with a skoda.

We have taken the plunge on a 5 dr blue, didn't get many pennies off but have had reversing sensors thrown in to secure our business.

The main reason we looked at the car was to fit in our new garage, (width) but must admit both my GF and i were suprised at how well built the car was and the way in drove. Looking forward to delivery next week !

Hello to all

We are rejoining the toyota fold with a new Aygo after a year away with a skoda.

We have taken the plunge on a 5 dr blue, didn't get many pennies off but have had reversing sensors thrown in to secure our business.

The main reason we looked at the car was to fit in our new garage, (width) but must admit both my GF and i were suprised at how well built the car was and the way in drove. Looking forward to delivery next week !

welcome to the boaard..you will love your new blue, just dont do what i did and crash it in first 5 days...lol..some pics in below thread of my new blue.

welcome again

SJ

Hello all,

We, too, have just placed an order for a 5 door Blue. It's for my American wife who just passed her driving test over here, even though she had a U.S. one for many years. She fell in love with the Aygo, which is a far cry from her Chevrolet Blazer in America!

I thought we got an okay deal. We were originally quoted £8295 for the 5 door. We were able to get it down to £8250 and that's with adding the protection pack of side strips, mud flaps, etc. I wanted to also add the docking station for the TomTom, but they told me that it was not even available any more. I don't know if that's true. We were also looking at a used Fabia 1.9 diesel or a Suzuki SX4. The SX4 just seemed to be underpowed and the Fabia had no character. The Aygo certainly has plenty of characater!

When we went to do all the finance bit, we were offered GAP insurance for £299 (3 years). We are not financing so I don't know if that's worth it. A further 2 years extended warranty for an extra £470, which seemed quite steep, and also a 3 year service plan at £506, which also seemed really high. I mentioned that I could probably get the car serviced for less at an independent garage to which I was told that I could not do that since it would void the warranty. I knew that car owners now had the right to go elsewhere to get their car serviced other than the main dealer and mentioned that to the "closer". He backed down a bit saying that the garage would have to be VAT registered and use Toyota parts. I thought it was just equivalent or better quality parts. Anyway, other than that, it was a pleasant buying experience.

I am also on another message board for Fiat (I know!) and they have a section dedicated to good/bad experiences with garages, including independents. I couldn't see such a section here, unless I missed it, but I do find it useful for my Fiat.

Sorry for the long post! Looking forward to the new Aygo and congrats to all owners.

Congratulations on your purchase. The warranty and service plan both sound expensive - as mentioned you can maintain the warranty provided the servicing garage uses Toyota parts.

We do have a review section for dealers - http://toyotaownersclub.com/reviews/

It's not great though as it is dependant on people submitting reviews which they don't do much! Having said that there are 5 reviews of the MK dealer if thats the one you used /

Congratulations on your purchase. The warranty and service plan both sound expensive - as mentioned you can maintain the warranty provided the servicing garage uses Toyota parts.

We do have a review section for dealers - http://toyotaownersclub.com/reviews/

It's not great though as it is dependant on people submitting reviews which they don't do much! Having said that there are 5 reviews of the MK dealer if thats the one you used /

Many thanks for you help. I'll have a deeper look at the site. Don't know how I missed the dealer section. It was good to see that the MK dealer we are using has received some good reviews.

We picked up our Aygo Blue yesterday. It took a while for them to sort out getting the protective strip on the back bumper, but otherwise the dealership was good.

I have noticed an annoying rattle on the dash, which seems to come from the molding where the driver's door meets the dash. I have seen that mentioned elsewhere on the board.

Also, anyone one know if it is possible to somehow get the doors to lock after driving off other than manually pushing the button? Small point, I know, but our other car's have done this.

Other than that, it's a really great little car.

I have noticed an annoying rattle on the dash, which seems to come from the molding where the driver's door meets the dash. I have seen that mentioned elsewhere on the board.

Also, anyone one know if it is possible to somehow get the doors to lock after driving off other than manually pushing the button? Small point, I know, but our other car's have done this.

Take the car back regarding the rattle. Mine had the same problem with a rattle in the same place, some people have sorted it themselves but I wasn't happy about messing around with bits of foam etc. on a new car so I took it down yesterday and they booked me in for this morning and sorted it. Bare in mind they have to keep it for a few hours. I am not sure exactly what they did, but its fine now.

The answer to the second question is no unfortunately.

Take the car back regarding the rattle. Mine had the same problem with a rattle in the same place, some people have sorted it themselves but I wasn't happy about messing around with bits of foam etc. on a new car so I took it down yesterday and they booked me in for this morning and sorted it. Bare in mind they have to keep it for a few hours. I am not sure exactly what they did, but its fine now.

The answer to the second question is no unfortunately.

Thanks for the info about the rattle - really annoying. It's probably the fitting between the the door molding and dash just being a bit too tight and the two pices of plastic vibrating against each other.

Shame about the door locks.

Hi

I think you will find that the rattle comes from the A pillar covering. Follow the A pillar down the side of the screen and give it a tap with your finger right near the end - close to the bottom of the screen and speaker - you will find it quite flexible and 'rattly' at this point.

Another tip is so check the position of the passenger seat - if you get it in just the 'wrong' place you will find the metal seat belt latch which is hanging from the passenger belt taps against the side air bag moulding in the passenger seat (took me ages to work that one out!).

get a yaris diesel the the aygo is too slow and pricey

Moderators Note: This post represents your personal viewpoint and has no relevance to the topic...........please try to keep on topic :)

Edited by Red Yaris 54
Post off topic

Hi

I think you will find that the rattle comes from the A pillar covering. Follow the A pillar down the side of the screen and give it a tap with your finger right near the end - close to the bottom of the screen and speaker - you will find it quite flexible and 'rattly' at this point.

Another tip is so check the position of the passenger seat - if you get it in just the 'wrong' place you will find the metal seat belt latch which is hanging from the passenger belt taps against the side air bag moulding in the passenger seat (took me ages to work that one out!).

I'll have to check this out today as it will drive me nuts. I thought it was coming fromthe point where the dash meets the molding on the door. No doubt it will go back to the dealer to be resolved but it's still annoying. For the time being the cd player may get a workout :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links