Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying Rattles

jaxx

Recently - an this aint happened from day one im encountering a few niggling rattles.

Anyone help me on these?

1. The drivers side door rattles when the window is right up. If you jab the button quickly so it moves slightly but dont open it stops?!? Ive stripped the door and hit the metal with the palm of my hand and it seems like its either something to do with the door mechanism or just the panels themelves (sound deadening should sort??)

2. The windscreen demister vent, sounds like something has dropped down it and is rattling in the back of the dash. But i cant see what and it looks a bugger to try an get into an have a look. Also you can only here it when the car hits between 3500/4500 rpm???

3. Somewhere at the back behind the trim panels on the drivers side somewhere near the window. Cant quite put me finger on where exactly cos im normally at the wheel when i can hear it??

Any ideas???

PS I know toyotas are ronound for rattling but its just nice to try an cure em sometimes!

:thumbsup:

Recently - an this aint happened from day one im encountering a few niggling rattles.

Anyone help me on these?

1. The drivers side door rattles when the window is right up. If you jab the button quickly so it moves slightly but dont open it stops?!? Ive stripped the door and hit the metal with the palm of my hand and it seems like its either something to do with the door mechanism or just the panels themelves (sound deadening should sort??)

2. The windscreen demister vent, sounds like something has dropped down it and is rattling in the back of the dash. But i cant see what and it looks a bugger to try an get into an have a look. Also you can only here it when the car hits between 3500/4500 rpm???

3. Somewhere at the back behind the trim panels on the drivers side somewhere near the window. Cant quite put me finger on where exactly cos im normally at the wheel when i can hear it??

Any ideas???

PS I know toyotas are ronound for rattling but its just nice to try an cure em sometimes!

I get 1 & 2!!!

The dash one kills me! I need to sort that ASAP.

I think it's the back of the speedo....

I can help you with Number 1 and Number 2 as I was once a YTS owner.

Both of these are known to Toyota as common faults your first problem I believe is the window motor rubbing on another part of the door, a Toyota dealer should be able to sort this very quickly. And your second which sound like something loose behind the speedo pod is actually the plastic cover that sits outside the car at the bottom of the windscreen vibrating on the glass. Just take it off and put some sicky pads on the back of it that rests on the glass and you will never hear that noise again.

Nick :thumbsup:

cheers nick ill try that with the pads.

ive actually tried settin the wipers goin to see if its them rattlin on the screen, it stops momentarily so i thought it was that! but then it started doin it when it rained with the wipers on constant.

see what i can do about the doors aswell. funny why it dont do it on the passenger side aswell tho???

Jaxx,

I've been through this...

Those side door rattles are cause by the white plastic mount

of the door lock button in side. that could always hit the door panel

inside to causing sound.

To fix this, take off the door cover panel,and you'll see a white plastic

mount under the lock button. Warp the mount (outside)with sponge tape.

also trist lock button a little bit deeper to tighten it more.

that is it.

Cheers

For the rear...

mine was caused by the hinge of the back seats.

Cause in 5drs. version they have only one point to lock up the back seats.

and it would swing a little.

try fold them down to see if the noise go away.

If they're gone, means you need to fix the back seat like mine.

Just let me know if you need further info.

Cheers

@ jaxx thanks alot m8 i never had them till i read your post :ffs: now i have rattles everywhere the windows the back panels

thanks alot

p.s

only joking

thanks for pointing them out now now i can sound deaden the car :thumbsup:

well, i consider myself lucky as got no major rattles with my yts. the only one i got -and just on&off- is from my side window. i get rid off it easily by operating the window just.

even when im on my top speed i got no ratlles wotsever: i love this as rattlish cars p...s me off a lot :P

• 2 months later...

I wonder if the known issues also affect the 'new' Yaris too?

I've been getting all the usual suspects over the years but funnily, I've gotten used to them. They add character!! he he.

Mabey one day I'll dynamat all the plastics.

It may be a rattler but it's never let me down once. Well, apart from the spoiler coming unstuck. :ffs:

My YTS is only 4 months old, 2003 model and I get the front window rattle too, almost like a very fast buzz at high speed, and it drives me mad :ffs:

i have put foam inside the lock slider and around alot of the mecanisms but now i kno to put some on outside 2

cheers

lee :thumbsup:

well over the next couple of weeks ill be doing some very extensive sound proofing! hope to sort it all then

the rear end of my yaris seems to have alot of funny noises coming from it its only six weeks old, or is it just the bad isle of wight roads :crybaby:

I had some really anoying squeaks coming from the back when I first had the car which I found was the mini spare wheel sitting funny in the boot.

Have a rummage around under the boot floor and check the wheel and tool kit.

Hi everyone

Since i fitted the hks induction kit i now get a buzzing sound from the dash board :ffs: At around 3000rpm.

jerry!!

Hi everyone

Since i fitted the hks induction kit i now get a buzzing sound from the dash board :ffs: At around 3000rpm.

jerry!!

join the club mate. i get the same with my K&N panel filter :(

Hi everyone

Since i fitted the hks induction kit i now get a buzzing sound from the dash board  :ffs: At around 3000rpm.

jerry!!

join the club mate. i get the same with my K&N panel filter :(

Hi Surinder

I wonder why that seems to happen? Is it because of the extra air which is sucking through the filter making the dash vibrate perhaps?? :help:

jerry!!

not sure, but something seems to happen to the engine at 3000 revs. The whole tone of the engines gets deeper, more noticable now with the zorst. I am guessing it's summat to do with the vvti :unsure: all i know is with the new mods, it jumps from 3000 to 6000 revs pretty sharpish :D

I joined the club ages ago!!!

Pre-pipercroos induction kit - no dashboard rattling noise!!!

Post-pipercross induction kit - a hell of alot of rattling coming from the dashboard area!!!

Its soooooooooo annoyin!!!