Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Annoying Rattles

jaxx

i cant seem to notice ne thing from my dash wit the induction kit mite do afta a while tho cuz i aint legal yet :crybaby:

ive got the blitz filter although ive got it set up like the HKS one is done (pointing into the back of the engine bay) but my dash dont buzz! :P

maybe due to the resonance when the 'growl' comes in?

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

i got a yts and the door rattles also between the top of the stereo and the speedo dials it rattles there, but the funny thing is if you press on the little bit if trim above the stereo it stops and you don't have to press hard. it's been back to dealer but to no evail. i know someone that works at TMUK in derby and rattles like this would never be let out of the factory so why is it ok for the !Removed! to let them go.

any way any ideas what the dash rattles or am i just going to have to stuff it full of tissue

i love my yts but my K plate clio 1.9d hasn't got any rattles

Apparently Toyotas are renowned for having rattles.

Ive had my YTS for nearly 2 year now and im finding niggly little rattles all the time. The newest one is directly above my head, but ive got all the usual ones like:

windows, dash, rear seats.............

The only thing is if you take it back to Toyota and they start taking trim off, you'll find that the trim will never sit flush again!!

I'll still rather have the T-Sport than the clio though........ :thumbsup:

Lee

I have the window rattle on the drivers door in a new T2 with windy up windows. If a wind it down very slightly it clears.

Can anyone give me a guide on removing the panel to fix the foam tape ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

This might already have got mentioned, but its late and i can't be bothered to check.

Remove the door panel, and dyna mat the whole door (inside skin). This stopped the window rattle for me. If its the door lock rattling, the little pull up door knob. place small strips of dynamat between the pull up knob, and the white casing that surrounds it. Makes more sense when the door panels off :)

basically pack all four sides off the square guide/hole so that the knob has no free play.

That sorted mine out :thumbsup:

Sorry, I meant front windscreen!

Fixed this morning by repeatedly hitting the plastic tray between the windscreen and the bonnet until something went clunk, it moved a couple of mm, and sat flush.

Rattle gone! B)

this is an oldie!

!Removed! - i did somat simialr with that placcy bit although with a little less brutality. simply unscrewed it, wiggled it, screwed it back down, snorted!

• 17 years later...

i did some extensive derattling in my corrado and in my old yaris.  This new one has some interesting challenges.  There is one slight tinny rattle in the drivers door looks like near to the bottom where the relay is mounted.  I can replicate the noise but cant identify exactly where it is coming from. Lock doesn't seem to move, cable exit point is tight, window frame guide seems ok

So far - felt around the door pin and white clip, damplifier on outer door skin (only about 25%), some damplifier on the door card, neoprene foam on one strip protrusion below door pull, sprayed Silicone grease in window channel, foam around door cables. 

The moisture membrane is so thin it vibrates creating a buzzing type noise.  This will be replaced with some heavier duty film.  Will also be looking to add some heavier open cell foam to the door card

Dash has some rattles which need further investigation.  Cables have been covered in fabric tape, foam placed behind the centre console (behind heater controls), the clocks have some kind of buzz which might be cured with fabric tape.  Used some damplifier on the two storage areas each side of the centre console.  Doesnt affect the noise much, it just doesn't sound so tinny in use

Keen to hear peoples solutions on the door noise

• 5 months later...

Just updating here- has anyone managed to solve the back seat rattle? Its because the lock pins are not a tight fit in the retainer, but this will need the seat to be dismantled. I was thinking of using some thick black foam to create some pressure against the rear arch liners and perhaps one in the middle against the parcel shelf.

But has anyone had any luck with other solutions?

Removed the RHS scuttle cover and added some cut strips of foam to the front and back edges. I'll trial fit and tap it around to see if it has cured the buzz on the windscreen. Good chance to clean it properly and give the plastic some moisture. Even the retaining plastic screws have benefitted from a soak of gt40. Having removed the scuttle this also presents itself as a major source of noise entry into the cabin so I'll have a think about what can be done here. Maybe a project for the summer.

Some pics below. I used some self-amalgamating tape on the clips of the trim piece to make the fit better. Not very neat though as it gets squashed up as soon as you refit the trim

Edit: only allowing 2 pics to upload so I'll add the rest tomorrow 

20220307_205422.jpg

20220307_203543.jpg

remaining pics.  I'll be applying another layer of polish to the trims before fitting

20220307_173456_resized.jpg

20220307_173505_resized.jpg

20220307_173530_resized.jpg

20220307_205500_resized.jpg

20220307_205508_resized.jpg

20220307_205517_resized.jpg

well having driven the car with this part of the scuttle off there is absolutely no buzzing noise at all.  The contact points are the support pegs underneath and the movement of the scuttle on the windscreen. There are also the clip-in 'ears' along the length onto which i will stick some self adhesive foam. 

So hopefully thats that noise taken care of..  

• Like 3

cleaned the open scuttle area, plus a coat of polish where possible. Refitted the trim and applied some gummiplege to the bonnet seal.  Refitting the clips was a bit tricky as they had splayed out - used a single wrap of masking tape to keep the closed, popped them into place and pulled the masking tape off from underneath.

Wipers need sanding and painting (summer job) as do some other areas of the engine bay.  I'll then also remove the LHS scuttle trim, clean and use some foam and treat the plastic. Final pics below

20220308_165908_resized.jpg

20220308_165914_resized.jpg

20220308_173502_resized.jpg

20220308_173507_resized.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links