Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pictures Of My Baby...

DogmaLoki

Forget stupid squawling babies. I'm going to show photos of my new car, and pass around the cigars.

As requested... here are pics. These are the old wheels... I will post with new wheels soon. :)

My old and new car, together side by side. Ain't it sweet? Quiz of the day: guess which one is my new car! You'll never guess!

cars1.jpg

And a profile view...

cars2.jpg

Yes. Thanks. :) Bodywork wise it's great, with very few blemishes.

The other problems I am fixing. Problems so far: buggered alloy (new set ordered), broken rear window washer pipe (fixing Saturday), nearside mirror not working quite right (need to investigate) and aircon has a leak (quoting now for the pipe).

The worst thing is the alloy... but as you can see the wheels don't look that great, so I'm sort of okay with replacing them. :) And at least it's something tangible, and it'll look nicer with the new ones.

I hope this is the extent of the problems. But until I get used to it, I won't know!

looks good mate well clean. are you getting larger dia wheels or std size?

Sweet... Very clean looking car...and those rims remind me of the F40 Rims..

What is your budget for new rims?

Get a set of OZ Superleggerra 17"!!!! :thumbsup:

Nice motor buddy :drool:

jerry!!

nice clean lookin car ya got there :thumbsup:

jus gotta keep 'er that way :D

Keeping a car clean. Erm... what's that again? My current car, if my mum doesn't wash it doesn't get washed. *LOL* I need to correct my ways.

are you getting larger dia wheels or std size?

I'm sticking with 16" — it's enough for me. :D

And addressing other alloy questions...

I'm getting Oz Hydra. I was all decided... then the Oz site made them sound like the wheels you'd get on an old man's Robin Reliant. But I still liked them, and seeing them on a sporty red car over at the Lexus forums helped me make the plunge! :)

They're 16", 205/45 and look like this:

02_big.jpg

I wanted a more streamlined look... the current wheels look quite harsh on the car IMHO.

As to the alloy thing in general... I am so a newbie to that too. :D I have just hub cabs on my Honda. When I heard I had a duff alloy on this new car, I thought about just getting standard wheels with hub caps *hears someone faint in the forum*. But then I realized that'd be sacrilege. So I've bought these Hydras... but I'm not really an alloy convert yet, I consider them a necessary evil. But I am getting there... and I'm learning that a car is more than a tool. I wouldn't buy a £50 wing mirror for my Honda, but have dumped over £700 in this new car in four days. I am learning! It'll be nice when the new wheels are on, I hope. :)

:lol: all you need to do then is to lower it 40mm and your laughing :lol:

thats the problem when you start modding your car........you can't stop :D

personally,i don't like the look of cars with nice big wheels which have too much clearance between the arch and the tyre!!!

lowering your car will make an incredible difference to appearance and handling :thumbsup:

when i bought my car it had 17's on it but wasn't lowered,to be honest,it didn't look right!maybe it was just me :lol:

see wot u think......here it is before

post-37-1062024895.gif

Oh I love these Celica's. Mines White........ :thumbsup:

Where in Hert's are you Dogma?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links