Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Auris 2.0 D4d-f

JeroenS

Hello,

I ordered in February an 5 doors Auris 2.0 D4D-F with the following parts:

-Full map navigation system

-Blue Tooth

-16" Alloy Toyota rims with Dunlop SP2000 tyres.

-TMS rearroofspoiler

-Sideprotection for the doors.

-Parkingsensors in the front and rear bumper.

-Dunlop Wintersport M3 tyres for the steel rims that are standard under the car.

The expected delivery time is July. It's because of the color. If I had ordered ash grey the delivery time would be May.

e6caf7d2-bb0a-4e30-9f60-4741e5e21d5a.JPG

The above picture shows the Auris in the color I ordered. It's titanium blue (8T8)

I saw pictures from an Auris with the TMS rearskirt and the TMS twin exhaust. And I must say it's looks really nice. B) Now I'm thinking of ordering the rearskirt and twin exhaust for my own Auris. Therefore I have a few questions.

Are there people here with a diesel and have mounted the twin exhaust?

Do I get an other sound when installing the twin exhaust?

Is it werth the money? Because here in Holland a painted rearskirt and twin exhaust will cost approx. € 1.500

I have twin exhaust on my diesel auris. But I think that the price on the original exhaust is to high, so I made my own pipes.

Soooo much cheaper...

There was no change in sound or performance. It only looks better!

I have twin exhaust on my diesel auris. But I think that the price on the original exhaust is to high, so I made my own pipes.

Soooo much cheaper...

There was no change in sound or performance. It only looks better!

I expected allready that there will not be more sound. It's problably because of the roetfilter (I don't know the English word for that) and the catalysator. And removing these things is not good for the environment.

On my 2003 Corolla diesel I have a RVS tip on my tailpipe. It looks nice but you can allways see that it's a tip because the tailipe isn't streight.

I thought it over and I probably will order the rearskirt and twin exhaust. As you said it's a high price but it's original Toyota. So no problems with warranty.

Will an open airfilter or replacementfilter for in the original box make a difference?

actually, if you look into the original twin pipe system, you can se that there is a smaller pipe inside, with a shiny end on it. not sure if anyone would notice that, but if you have a chance to see it before you buy it, then do so...

I had a open filter on my d4d corolla, but it does not help at at. Diesel engines have more then enough air, without an open filter. It only creates a strange sound, you can hear the turbo better... And sometimes a flaff-flaff-flaff sound when you change gear. little bit cool actually ;-)

actually, if you look into the original twin pipe system, you can se that there is a smaller pipe inside, with a shiny end on it. not sure if anyone would notice that, but if you have a chance to see it before you buy it, then do so...

I had a open filter on my d4d corolla, but it does not help at at. Diesel engines have more then enough air, without an open filter. It only creates a strange sound, you can hear the turbo better... And sometimes a flaff-flaff-flaff sound when you change gear. little bit cool actually ;-)

What do you mean with your first line of text saying there is a smailler pipe inside.....?

I'll better wait untill the Auris has arrived and decide then what I will do. I'm still having doubts. I just looked it up it will cost me (including mounting) between de 1600 and 1700 euros.

Do you have a picture of the original tailpipe of an Auris diesel? Maybe a RVS tip isn't a bad solution after all.

Here... I found a pic on G6-R`s page....

Maybe you can see what I mean if you take a close look on the exhaust...

Exhaust, G6-R

Here... I found a pic on G6-R`s page....

Maybe you can see what I mean if you take a close look on the exhaust...

Exhaust, G6-R

I just had good news from the dealer. My Auris has arrived :D :D . I made an appointment for Saturday so they have untill friday to mount the accessoires.

• 4 weeks later...

The TMS roofspoiler and parking sensors are mounted. It looks much better with the roofspoiler. Unfortunately I haven't made a picture.

I have a question and hope that someone has the answer(s).

In my 2003 Corolla E12 I had a Sony CDX-T70MX cd-changer. It was connected on the standard radio with a small box (see attaced picture). I wanted this cd-changer to be mounted in my Auris but the dealer said that it was not possible because there isn't a cable available.

I know that Toyota has an cd-changer in the accessoireslist.

Is it possible to connect an non Toyota cd-changer to the radio/navi?

post-41653-1185215810_thumb.jpg