Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting A New Auris

rhimon

Hey everyone,

On saturday I went into the toyota garage to ask how much I would be looking at paying extra because I had gone over my estimated mileage. I had bought n Aygo 7 months ago on finance you see and managed to do over the agreed 10k miles in it.

While I was there he suggested to me that I could hand in my aygo now and get another car if I wanted to. Well me being me I really took this abit to far and instantly looked at the other cars avalible. I was quite taken by the avensis, but not the price (Take into account I'm paying for a 9000 pound aygo at the moment) so that went out the window.

I saw the auris and thought quite highly of it also. Said my good byes and picked up a booklet for the auris. Got in my car and started to read through and noticed that the show model, the tr, wasn't in the booklet. So went back in and asked about it..... So glad I did. I've found out it's the same as the T3 and has scuff plates and another extra that the T3 doesn't. That was pretty cool and decided to ask for a price booklet also. To my amazement it was also cheeper??

Couldn't quite get my head around it and so asked why this was. He told me it was because it's a demo model that toyota make to first get the auris out. Basically the first version of the car without the tweek's of the others. But the only thing I could find different is the glasses compartment on the lights in the center was missing and replaced with an imoboliser button? Not sure still why you need an off button for the imoboliser but any who. The TR was the same specs as a T3.

I decided to ask for a test drive and really glad I had mainly because the car I had taken out was a 1.6D M/M and it was a pleaser to drive. I was smiling at how comfortable and relaxed I could feel while driving. The only questionable thing I had about it was the display. I could never focus on the part of the display for the speed!! I guess this could mainly be put down to the fact I have just come from driving an Aygo with it's single display so anything more than one may have been confusing.

But the M/M is awesome. Althought I'm not sure if I could trust it a 100% for a roundabout. If your like me and have to set off quick to get your chance to join the roundabout it could appose quite a problem as it just cuts out and takes around a secound or two to get back in gear. I did how ever notice that there is a sports button so that this problem can be got around by increasing the revs the engine does before changing gear, but still it will change. Also the fact that there is the option to go to the paddles if wanted as well which seems the safest to me.

Arrived back at the garage and instantly wanted one. Because the boss was away they were looking at selling as many as they could and decided to give me an extra 250 toward the car as deposit. So I ended up going for it. 14000 and something for a 1.6 M/M auris with tech pack. Mainly I wanted this for the bluetooth option as I don't currently own an ipod and by the sounds of things I'm not going to get much from it when and if I do get an ipod from the conversations that have gone on in here about the ipod connector. I was disappointed by the price of the sat nav system over 1000 quid. And hope to be able to get something simular to this in the near future.

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE TO BUY THE TOYOTA SAT NAV SYSTEM FROM OR SOMETHING SIMULAR THAT CAN GO IN THAT SPOT WOULD BE HIGHLY GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD SEND A LINK. :thumbsup:

When I get the car I will write a review up on it and post it here with pictures and possible customization I will do to the car. Already I have many ideas for the interior but will have to study the car to find possible solutions to these.

If any one has any links or anything to customize sites please post them here so I could view them.

It's being delivered in a week but I won't be picking it up till 2 weeks. So the 6th I will be posting pictures and a review hopefully. Any how if I make this much longer I'm sure many of you will soon if not already be bored.

All the Best

Simon

you'll love it. especially going from a small engine to a 1.6. ive had mine for a week now and still have a smile on my face whenever i drive it.

Awesome. I really hope that I do. Can't sleep I'm that excited about getting it. I have however got a bill through from toyota about my old car saying I owe 6500 pounds to them. Which has kinda taken the edge off getting this car as good thing.

Think it's to do with my finance. But I thought that because I was handing in the car as a part exchange that that would be paying the finance off? I don't know where I stand atm but will let you know tomo. :) Well today actually :D

Right just been in to sort out some of the paper work and come 5 oclock should be getting in it and driving away! :yahoo:

Gonna miss my aygo though :crybaby:

O man and I just remembered all the cack thats in the car!!! I should of sorted that out I guess :unsure: