Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Miles To A Tank

br0ke

Picked up our new 2.2d TR 2 weeks ago. Filled it yesterday for the 1st time and a little disappointed with the fuel consumption.

382 miles to a tank with 10.5 gal to fill it is only 36mpg

I know it is new and will loosen with age, but how many miles should I realistically expect per tank.

:drool:

ok a little off topic but this may help -

My everyday runaround is a 51 plate 2.2hdi peugeot 407 (large car), it costs me £70 to fill her from scratch and i get just over 800 miles to a full tank.

Motorway driving with the cruise control set at exactly 70.

round town on everyday sort of trips i can get just short of 500 out of a tank

onbouard computer constantly updates the MPG so roughly i am getting motoway - 56 town - 39/41

oh yes and by the way its not your bog standard 407 or 110BHP its the 149 BHP version

hope this puts you in the right direction and sorry couldnt help more

I get about 400 to 430 miles to the tank and yours will improve as the engine gets run in .

Also I think it works the mileage based on the type of mpg you have been doing in the last 50 miles therefore if you have been doing more motorway driving in the last 50 miles or 100 miles you tank mileage will appear better

my wife drives our Verso on a daily basis on school runs...all very short runs about 2 miles each. The car rarely has had a chance to prove its fuel consumption on long runs until the last few days.

On the school runs it gets 35mpg consistently.

The last few days we've taken it on longer runs and I've driven it about 200 miles today, mostly on cruise control averaging about 50mph....I checked the consumption and it averaged 58mpg which is very good. Its a 2.0D and 5sp gearbox.

I think the size of the tank makes it feel like we are not getting a lot out of it, which is a pain really, but I'm very pleased with getting 58mpg today.

I would think your 2.2D if you have the 6sp will get 60mpg on long journeys once you break it in.

my wife drives our Verso on a daily basis on school runs...all very short runs about 2 miles each. The car rarely has had a chance to prove its fuel consumption on long runs until the last few days.

On the school runs it gets 35mpg consistently.

The last few days we've taken it on longer runs and I've driven it about 200 miles today, mostly on cruise control averaging about 50mph....I checked the consumption and it averaged 58mpg which is very good. Its a 2.0D and 5sp gearbox.

I think the size of the tank makes it feel like we are not getting a lot out of it, which is a pain really, but I'm very pleased with getting 58mpg today.

I would think your 2.2D if you have the 6sp will get 60mpg on long journeys once you break it in.

My T180 will return 40+mpg driven carefully with a mixture of motorway, urban & steep Cotswold hills but with a full load & less care 36 - 37 is more like it. ;)

The only thing I find annoying is the Range the trip computer calculates telling you what is left in the tank.

When I fill to the brim, it says Range = 550km

This is regardless of whether I am on motorway or city driving. It appears the car assumes worse case scenario as when my wife just does school runs which would be the worst consumption the car could manage she will get almost 550km to the tank.

If we are out on the motorway doing about 90kph on cruise control on a flat road, then for every 2km travelled, only 1km gets subtracted from the range. Even after doing this sort of driving for a while, the trip computer doesn't adjust the range to take your driving style into consideration.

Other cars I've been in actually do this.

Im amazed with that fuel consumption. I have a T3 1.8 petrol and I never get below 380 miles to a tank on a combined run, and I am not a slow driver! On a couple of occassions I have driven it really carefully just to see what it was capable of and when I filled it up I had managed to get 432 miles out of it.

Is the tank on the diesels the same as mine (60 litres) or is it smaller?

What sort of mileage can other people get out of their petrol Verso's?

Is the tank on the diesels the same as mine (60 litres) or is it smaller?

The diesel tank as far as I know is only 53 litres

I could safely say that on a full tank and just motorway driving about 65mph average I could get about 630-650 miles to the full tank