Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jus Got 1 :d

Kudos+

Hi guys ive just bought a yaris t sport, after wanting one for years. Its an 04 plate in thunder grey. Ive had before 2 liftback corollas withthe 1.3 4efe engine. I cant believe the difference in handleing, it holds the road really well even though its not the lowest car inits class. I believe its 20mm lower than the standard yaris? you really have to push it hard to get some understeer. My previous corollas really didnt handle well and slid out on corners quite easy.

Im really suprised by the way it accelerates in a streight line. The trouble with it is though it can keep up with most things to 60mph but after that can start losing the power i.e i had a drag with a audi a3 1.9tdi and beat him of the line but he started pullin past me at 70mph (obviously not on a public road). I also managed to keep up with a 2.4 20v fiat stilo up until 80 ish. It was also faster to 60 than a suzuki swift sport which i was surprised by? The car does seem to run out of revs to easily in the lower gears, it jus gets goin n then you have to change :(. The car could definatly do with a 6th gear for on the motorway as the revs are runnin at like 3700-4000 @70mph....

Im very happy with my purchase and the car has exceeeded its expectations. I love interior and the carbon look alike trim and the way the t sport brand is boasted all over the interior including the dials and scuff plates. The only thing i could knock this car for is the tacky sunvisors which i would like to take out and burn and the slightly high up driveing position i have now finally got used to. also i find it very hard to get 41mpg around town even when im twinkle toe'n the accelerator more like 37mpg.

I am at the moment leaveing the car standard the only thing ive added is a crome exhaust trim. Would like to know if theres and light modifications you guys have had such as rear stop lamps with 'yaris' wrote as the light i wanna no how much these cost n where from?. Would like to see some pictures of you cars, to get ideas for mine please!

Thanks!!

Yeah doesn't go too well after 70, but not too bad, it's only a 1.5 remember. Personally I think the Yaris high brakelights look tacky, but if you really want them they are next to nothing on eBay. I got 41ish mpg out of town when I was trying, doubt I could in town. I soon get bored of fuel saving, and it soon creeps down.

Not on a public road my ****... :P

Congratulations on your purchase!

Welcome to the family!

With regards to the 3rd Brakelight cover, there used to be loads on eBay, although I've just had a look and couldn't seem to find any?!

Also, light modifications your after, have you thought about upgrading the headlight bulbs, as my standard ones sucked! Maybe get a LHD fog to replace your red fog to tidy the rear up a little, maybe a bit of de-badging too?

Here's a picture of my car in it's current state to give you some idea of the mods I'm doing/done:

DSC00982Medium.jpg

Welcome, glad you like the T Sport. :)

Btw, where did you get the exhaust trim from?, because my T Sport came with an exhaust trim as standard.

hey welcome to the family lol. there great arent they!

small things to do to make a yaris better probably the best thing to do i reckon is wheels, some advice from me tho, go 16's, 17's can sometimes look too much and if you later decide on lowering the car will rub like a bugger. like tom said change the headlight bulbs for some decent ones led sidelights usually look nice aswell aslong as there not like bright red or green or something, i personally wouldn't change the rear fog lense, just love that R34 skyline look.

hope it helps

have fun with her

cheers for the feedback guys...

i will consider changeing my headlight bulbs as i agree they do look smart, im thinking possibly blue led.

Really like the 2 tone yaris tom, looks really smart. You must have spent a lot of £££ there!!!!

n yeh wheels are definatly i will be considering in the future, as ive noticed on some older t sports wheels tend to rot, i.e. bubbleing and slight rust. i tried my alloys on it from my previous car and they looked stupid as they were too wide, theyre 205/45 r16s fox evo 6. so yeh il go for the narrower 16".

yup my exhaust came with a standard trim but i took it off as it was rusting. It was a bugger to get off tho as its not held on wiv an allen key or bolt, i basically had to prize the thing of with a screwdriver lol. i bought my exhaust trim from Halfords £25 round tip think its airspeed. looks a lot better as it fits the cut out in the bumper better.

im really surprised how this car can keep up and leave some of the 125 bhp hatches like the swift sport tho as its only 105brake. Do you think this is down to its close gear ratios?

like tom said change the headlight bulbs for some decent ones led sidelights usually look nice aswell aslong as there not like bright red or green or something

Mine are bright green, but rather fitting with my car :thumbsup:

Sounds like someone's wasted no time in racing their new t-sport! I know what you mean about the gear changes, just as it's getting going its time to change again, how many times have you hit the limiter?! However, we mustn't forget it is a 1.5VVTi and not a VVTiL. But still, I find that I tend to pull away from similar spec'd cars (Mini Cooper, Corsa 1.8 SRi) as soon as I shift up to 4th gear. One of the best things about the t-sport is the surprise factor. A lot of motorists don't have respect for 'superminis' and I don't think most know about our warmed up version of the Yaris. It's satisfying when you go to overtake someone and they think they're clever by suddenly booting it and you just carry on and overtake them.

But still, I find that I tend to pull away from similar spec'd cars (Mini Cooper, Corsa 1.8 SRi) as soon as I shift up to 4th gear.

That may be because they are observing the speed limit and stopping at 70 :thumbsup:

That's what I do when I'm pulling away from BMW's and the like from roundabouts or slip roads, just get up to 70 and stop accelarating, then when they come past a few seconds later at 80-90 thinking they've won, I can feel smug. That may just be me though.

My personal favourite is the Boy Racers in the Saxo VTR's too easy!! And especially some of the little MG ZR's i think thats satisfying. General Chavs who basically judge the car by its Badge.

LOL ive hit the limiter too many times, i feel really bad after ive dun it. Ive had the car 3 weeks and have redlined it every day multiple times :( not that im bragging its just a really bad habbit i enjoy performing... Ive got to stop n keep sayin to myself "tommorow i shall eco drive" but it never happens. Like somebody said i'l agree with a lot of people dont know about the yaris t sport and what its capable of as there quite rare unlinke the saxo vtr n corsa sri's. People seem to look at you surprised once theyve seen one go.

The latest problem ive been having is i keep gettin faster cars wantin to try it on n keep loosin.... though not by much, today was a ford cougar v6 which i stayed with till 70 and the other day was a 2.4 stilo arbarth. The best was a ford focus with a couple of chavs in mine left standing, feels good doenst it!!!

i was also wondering weather anybody knows the performance figures of the old corsa GSI i.e. N reg as i couldnt shake 1 off the other day and was wondering weather there faster than the yaris TS, theres nuffin on parkers... his was modified as it atleast had an induction kit n backbox...

does anybody else abuse there yaris as much?? ive got to start behavin as its gotta last me a long time.

Sorry for my punctuation.....

does anybody else abuse there yaris as much?? ive got to start behavin as its gotta last me a long time.

No it's taken me about two years to pay for; it, and my insurance, and all my driving lessons etc. etc. So no, I treat it well as I know I won't get another one if I break it, as I'm going to uni in September and won't be able to save up.

I must admit i have bounced off of the limiter in my car, but at the end of the day its an electronic limiter designed to stop the engine revving too fast so all your doing is takin full advantage of a safety feature, i actually feel that if you want to perform well in the t-sport your better changing at about 5,500rpm just seems to lose torque after that. :D but no i do try and drive sensibly nowadays like mat-o said its got to last. still got another 2 years on mine aswell just payed off 2 :blink: but i like cars that arent that common.

I must admit i have bounced off of the limiter in my car, but at the end of the day its an electronic limiter designed to stop the engine revving too fast so all your doing is takin full advantage of a safety feature, i actually feel that if you want to perform well in the t-sport your better changing at about 5,500rpm just seems to lose torque after that. :D but no i do try and drive sensibly nowadays like mat-o said its got to last. still got another 2 years on mine aswell just payed off 2 :blink: but i like cars that arent that common.

ahhh rite guys, i didnt understand, when you were saying limiter i just thought u ment hit 6,000rpm, i didnt know the t sport had a rev limiter... when does it kick in?? im too scared of lettin it go beyond 6,000, even tho the red line starts at i think 6200? correct me if im wrong. also has anybody had theres flat out? toyota claims 118mph is this accurate or will it go further. what mods can be done to increase the t sports power besidedes induction kit and exhaust?? Sorry for waffeling on...

cheers

Yes, when I first got it I tried it out a bit, and I found the Rev limiter was below redline, however it's better to change before that, because like he said; it doesn't pull for the last 500 or so. As for flat out, I couldn't tell you, and the speedo itsn't accurate enough to anyway, you'd need GPS. I'd imagine it was fairly accurate. Can't go that fast on public roads anyway without killing someone...

I suppose you could Turbo it if you really wanted more speed that badly, would cost a small fortune though, and could probably buy a faster car for the money. Corolla T-Sport Compressor perhaps, MR2 Turbo, Starlet GT, Celica GT4 or even think about going non-toyota...

I reckon you could put a decent engine in the yaris, the chassis is good enough to handle more power. Do you think an MR-2/Celica Engine would fit??? Think TURBO lol :drool: but if your not liking drastic stuff i think on a small engine car like the yaris your better of with the blitz supercharger kit for £2,500, no lag, direct power, smoother delivery.

I reckon you could put a decent engine in the yaris, the chassis is good enough to handle more power. Do you think an MR-2/Celica Engine would fit??? Think TURBO lol :drool: but if your not liking drastic stuff i think on a small engine car like the yaris your better of with the blitz supercharger kit for £2,500, no lag, direct power, smoother delivery.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry598331

i wanna do summin lk tha in a few years when i gt the money i love my car to bits now.... ive looked at the supercharger kit for mine looks cool but iw ant power n since its quite a lightcar that would be awsum