Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

240bhp Ecu

Corolla Chris

This ECU upgrade you guys are on about do you mean the derestriction from 215 to 240? I did mine as soon as i got the car! (i work at Toyota)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norfolk n Chance

• Chris.S

• cfc1

• 215 compressor

This ECU upgrade you guys are on about do you mean the derestriction from 215 to 240? I did mine as soon as i got the car! (i work at Toyota)

think people are on about an upgrade to improve response and running from toyota dealers .what is this derestriction you are refering to and i dont suppose our local dealer would do this for us while car under warranty?

240bhp!?!?

DERESTRICTION!?!?

Your gonna have to enlighten us about this one mate cus i for one have no idea what you are talking about :blink:

When TTE developed the supercharger kit it was rated for 240, Toyota was worried bout consumption figures so restricted it to 215 by programing the ECU, but the 240 can be accesed using a very simple set up!! No tools req.....not sure if i'm allowed to say how tho( i work at a Toyota dealer)

clutch pedal held down

funny though because they were still worried when down rating it; enough to remove the trip computer :rolleyes:

clutch pedal held down

funny though because they were still worried when down rating it; enough to remove the trip computer :rolleyes:

must be a bit more than pressing clutch pedal i do that on it every day and it not going any quicker :yahoo:

When TTE developed the supercharger kit it was rated for 240, Toyota was worried bout consumption figures so restricted it to 215 by programing the ECU, but the 240 can be accesed using a very simple set up!! No tools req.....not sure if i'm allowed to say how tho( i work at a Toyota dealer)

PM me the info.. then I'll post it and tell others I got it from another forum.. I'll even delete this post (and any others that refer to it) if you really are worried what Toyota would think if they saw it.

I know that the Lotus Exige has the same engine and kicks out 240bhp.. but I thought it was a different supercharger they used.

If someone else with this knowledge wants to chip in - i'd rather not be responsible for giving out wrong instructions.

I can only go on what i was told- which is more than what i wrote above; anyone with the know can finish it off if i am indeed correct.

If someone else with this knowledge wants to chip in - i'd rather not be responsible for giving out wrong instructions.

I can only go on what i was told- which is more than what i wrote above; anyone with the know can finish it off if i am indeed correct.

Come on then... I am sure there are a few of us hanging around here waiting for a response... :rolleyes:

I had a search about and didn't find much.. but I did find out that toyota were planning a 240bhp corolla.. but for reasons unknown opted for the 215bhp we have now (this, as far as I know, was after some testing).. so I beleive that it could be possible to tweak the current ECU to get the 240... like I said, the lotus is 240bhp and has the 2ZZ-GE engine.

Are we sure this isnt the turn the ignition on and hold the gas down fully for 30 secs until the engine ECU/Management light flashes ?

Unless Chris tells us we won't know... or someone could email Norbert.Schaefer@toyota-f1.com and ask.

Are we sure this isnt the turn the ignition on and hold the gas down fully for 30 secs until the engine ECU/Management light flashes ?

That relates to this

The Corolla Compressor requires the use of 98 Octane petrol. This fuel is Mandatory and if any

engine damage is caused due to engine pinking etc., warranty will NOT cover the subsequent cost of

any repairs

If the vehicle is run on a fuel with an octane value of less than this then the following symptoms may

occur:

• Engine pinking

• Lack of performance

• Incorrect fuel economy

• Internal engine damage if the engine is used on the incorrect octane fuel for extended periods.

Cause Of Phenomenon:

The vehicle ECU has 2 internal software maps.

• Map 1 – The ECU uses Map 1 when the correct 98 octane is used. In this condition the

vehicle functions correctly.

• Map 2 – If incorrect grade octane fuel is used the engine may switch to Map 2 to try and

prevent internal engine damage. The engine may pink badly and produce less power

HINT – Engine Damage may still occur if the vehicle is driven for extended periods in this

condition.

Please carry out the following procedure to ensure the ECU is using the correct mapping for 98

Octane fuel:

• Switch on ignition, do not start engine.

• Then for 40 seconds apply full throttle (Do not start engine).

• Start the engine the engine mapping should now be correct for 98 octane fuel.

• Test drive vehicle and ensure engine performs correctly.

I dont know of any other remaps to give 240bhp

if there is then let me know cus i want it :thumbsup:

Isnt there anything we can do to get our T sports to give us more power...?

Just watching fifth gear where theyve just ahown the new Lotus, again with a supercharged 1.8 Toyota engine

Now thats appaently producing 252bhp

how do we get that, do we go n get a lotus elise ecu ?

Or do we find someone who could remap the system

I just had a look at the Exige data...

Exige - Max Power 189 bhp ( 141 kW ) ( 192 PS ) at 7800 rpm (is this about the same as a standard T-Sport?)

Max Torque 133 lbft ( 181 Nm ) at 6800 rpm

Exige S - Max Power 218 bhp ( 162.5 kW ) ( 221 PS ) at 7800 rpm (This is about the same as the Compressor)

158.6 lbft ( 215 Nm ) ( 22kgm ) at 5500 rpm

- Corolla TS Compressor EuroIV -

- max. engine power 160kW @ 8200min-1

- max. engine torque 215Nm @ 4000min-1

- max. vehicle speed 230km/h

- Emission-standard: Euro IV

The difference.........

Exige - Engine 2ZZ-GE engine, Metal Matrix Composite (MMC) & aluminium lightweight and compact construction.

Chain driven Double Over-Head Camshafts (DOHC) exploiting a Variable Valve Timing & Lift - intelligent (VVTL-i) system.

Lotus T4e engine management system, multi-point sequential fuel injection, electronic ignition and electronic throttle control.

Exige S - 2ZZ-GE engine, Metal Matrix Composite (MMC) & aluminium lightweight and compact construction.

Chain driven Double Over-Head Camshafts (DOHC) exploiting a Variable Valve Timing & Lift - intelligent (VVTL-i) system.

Lotus T4e engine management system, multi-point sequential fuel injection, electronic ignition and electronic throttle control.

Lotus Sport developed supercharger installation including intake manifold, plenum and induction system, and air to air intercooler - cooling air enters via the roof scoop.

Obviously the biggest difference between the 2 Lotus' is the addition of the Supercharger.. aswell as the intercooler and air intake system.

So.. it will definitely be possible to get the BHP up a bit on the TTE Compressor.

As Toyota own/owned Lotus, is it possible that this Supercharger is infact the same TTE Supercharger we have? IF that's the case it could be a simple remap or even some jigerry pokery with the ignition key and pedals to get this 240+bhp figure

Exige GT3 Concept

Max Power 275 PS (271 bhp/203 kW) @ 8000 rpm est

Max Torque 258 Nm (190 lb/ft) @ 7000 rpm electroniclly limited est

Engine 2ZZ-GE engine, Metal Matrix Composite (MMC) & aluminium lightweight and compact construction.

Lotus developed charge cooled supercharger installation

The Exige's stats are exactly the same as the standard T Sport's.

Anybody know if there are any tweaks for the standard CTS?

All car manufacturers limit their cars in some way. So extra power is always available if you know what you're doing.

Did a quick search and found a guy on TOC in Poland who claims to have had his CTS ECU remapped giving him 205bhp!

Have messaged him for further info so i'll let you know if i get a response.

Found these guys who sell the ECU's for the Lotus.

Note that you hit lift earlier with it!

Clicky

Surely there must be some way of achieving this in the CTS aswell?

says they cant be fitted to supercharged cars though

My bad!! :oops:

Keep forgetting you guys have a supercharger!!

Hi I asked TTE in Germany and they dont know about any upgrades to 240bhp allegedly?

Found these guys who sell the ECU's for the Lotus.

Note that you hit lift earlier with it!

Clicky

Surely there must be some way of achieving this in the CTS aswell?

If your looking into this be warey! First what engine are they using! Is it the Celica or Corolla 2zz engine! The reason the Celica has 2 ecu's, the corolla has 1. Plus, at that price it maybe worth having the Apexi Power FC! Least then you can have multiple maps for different situations

Anyway appologise guys with compressors, us standard CTSs are nicking your thread lol!

Anyway back to subject! I'm not entirely sure but doesn't the lotus have an Intercooler hence it can be boosted to 240/253 bhp!

Spoke to the guys at Fensport, they don't know anything about ECU remaps either!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links