Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4a-fe, A World Of The Unknown

4afte

okay, i don't want any stick for having done this or to be told i'm stupid or something like that, i've heard it all before everyone says get a 4A-GE, 4A-GZE or a 20 valve. No i like my 4A-FE! and i've made a little site for anyone who might share this passion or even is a little curious. Those who don't like the 4A-FE just don't visit it, and leave this thread well alone. Many thanks...

so now thats over with, here goes: 4A-FE Power! :yahoo:

Well done to you for sticking with the 4A-FE. It's not impossible to get more power out of that engine it's just that Toyota designed it for economy in the first place. Get it on the rollers when it's done - it'll be interesting to see what power it makes.

thank you ecsy for that vote of confidence and enthusiasm :rolleyes: booked in for a dyno run in early august, i'll let you all know how it goes :blink:

I like your enthusiasm about the 4AFE and i will give you, it's a quite nice engine!

Reliable, cheap and unable to die!

However, i see you're referring to the danish site www.turbomotor.dk where he makes it put up 160-170hp with the turbo-install.

But it's more or less the maximum of power to get out of it without killing it...

Turbomotor.dk made a 4AFE put out 192hp, it was alive for 3 months (the driver had a heavy foot) then it blew up.

So if your wan't a reliable engine - the max is around 170hp, pushing it further will just kill the block...

as much as i admire your persistance to mod your 4afe...there is a reason why so many of us dont...it's just not worth the time...or the MONEY!!!

Do a full transplant, 20v or even a turbo lump....much more fun :)

as much as i admire your persistance to mod your 4afe...there is a reason why so many of us dont...it's just not worth the time...or the MONEY!!!

well i haven't had much in the way of money since i started this project so the whole thing has been done on a shoe string :blink: my most expensive single purchase were the highlift cams and they set me back £100, so in all i've spent around £350 - £400 in total

well i haven't had much in the way of money since i started this project so the whole thing has been done on a shoe string :blink: my most expensive single purchase were the highlift cams and they set me back £100, so in all i've spent around £350 - £400 in total

Interesting site you have there. I considered tuning the afe but lost interest to be honest! Glad someone out there is doing it though. So what exactly have you done and what are you going to do to it?

so far? erm custom induction kit, 7A-FE head gasket, i fitted the highlift cams but the valve clearence was to great so i am having the head sent off next month for re-shiming (if thats even what its called) stripped out the Air Con too, saves on rotational mass (not much but a little) thats it so far really, heat wrap exhaust manifold and custom exhaust planned for sometime this year :blink:

Are you going to turbo it too? I'd love to see someone in the UK turbo their afe. If I ahd the money I'd buy a g6r and do it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links