Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel Nuts

brollae10

I've recently bought some alloy wheels for my corolla which were off a vw golf, to replace my standard toyota alloys. They fit onto the hub (obviously as they're both 4x100pcd) however the wheel nuts aren't going in as far enough as they did on my original wheels. I understand that both golfs and corolla's are offset from 35 - 38.

The standard nuts might have gone in more if the "floating washer" wasn't there. If I tighten the standard wheels, I can count about 3 threads remaining on the nut, but on the new wheels there is at least 5. I wouldnt feel confident driving with the new alloy wheels on.

Does this mean I'd have to buy a set of special nuts? Can anyone help me please?

you need to get nuts with a tapered end, this allows the nut to travel further along the bolt and it sits into the hole a lot better...

Although you have checked the offset and the PDC, have you checked the bore hole?.. If the VW bore hole is smaller the wheels won't go fully onto your hub... If however the bore hole on the VW is bigger then you will need to get centralizing rings, these will give the wheels support from the hub and stop your wheel nuts/lugs taking the FULL WEIGHT of your car.

As for the wheel nuts...luder is correct.

The wheels do go onto the hub, its just a case of getting the right nuts that will fit further through the centre bore of the stud holes, like I said, the washer kind of gets in the way otherwise it would go further.

I need some nuts that are longer on the washer side.

I cant upload pictures as it keeps wanting a web address, can I not insert pictures from my hard drive?

You need to upload your pictures to an image host (maybe photobucket.com) and then paste in the web address of the hosted image.

The wheels do go onto the hub

You may have missed my point.. ok, they go on the hub, but so will a wheel with a larger bore hole than the hub itself. the fitment round the hub must be perfect and snug, even a couple of mm too big can cause serious problems, no support from the hub = the nuts/lugs are taking the weight of the car.. this is where centralizing rings come into play.. these are the plastic/metal rings that you get when buying aftermarket alloys.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links